Private van tour for 8 people ?

ovrcs

Sorry ovrcs, no help here...

There are van taxis there but I don't know if any can hold 8 ppl. Your best bet is to inquire with the nice ladies at the visitor center when you arrive, I'm sure they will be able to hook you up with the perfect driver.

For a private tour the rates are based on the tour length and number of people. Per the table at bvivacation, for a 3 hour tour for 8 ppl the published price is $315 which is pretty reasonable when split between multiple couples. These rates are still in effect as far as I know.

http://www.bvivacation.com/transportation/tortola-taxi-fares-rates.php#.WTBbJOvyvcs

I think Tortola is one of the most beautiful islands to tour, great choice! You may want to stop at Smuggler's Cove just to see a gorgeous beach off the beaten path since you have a driver. And there are some neat out of the way places for a drink and a lunch. When you drive the north shore where Brewers Bay, Cane Garden Bay, and Long Bay are, ask the driver to stop at the Heritage Inn so you can see the spectacular panoramic view. We stay there for the view, and if the Bananakeet is open you can try their signature drink, the "Bananakeet".

Have a great day on Tortola