Keeping fit onboard QV

Belle on board

Spin classes can be a bit demanding in my experience. Walking around the ship (not Queen Victoria) observing a spinning class taking place on the static cycles I was amazed at how hard the instructor was making the class work. If you are in your 20/30's, a fit cyclist and not likely to fall off the back of the peloton in a serious race, spin classes are for you.

Regards John

Heya! I cruised on the Queen Victoria last year but didn't do any exercise classes. I regularly do spin and yoga classes on land and on ships they tend to be the same just on a smaller scale.

My top tips for keeping fit are here: http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2016/10/10/you-dont-have-to-put-on-weight/ hope that helps!

You'll probably do a lot more exercise just by walking/stairs than you realise. On one cruise I did 94 flights of stairs in a day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is an example of cruise ship spinning on YouTube, the instructor seems very experienced as half way through he dismounts and wanders about the class the clip is only a few minutes long not fifteen or thirty. If I was looking for a gym class to sign up for it would be called something more like "Leaning with Lulu".

Regards John