best place to buy cigs

glentally

The "duty limit" for cigarettes is 200 cigarettes per person, which is a carton per person.

What I found interesting is that onboard the ship (RCI Jewel Nov 13-19) the shop onboard was selling Marlboro's in boxes of 5 cartons at a decent price per carton (I'm in CT-a retail carton here is about $40)

What I don't understand is the "come on" of 5 cartons if "the law" is 1 carton per person... :confused:

This may not come into play since you said you are going to the Bahamas or Nassau. However, the limit to how many cigarettes can be brought into the US is 200, but if you are visting the US Virgin Islands (St Thomas for example) you may bring in 1,000 cigarettes (5 cartons). That may be the reason that a ship will push a sale of a 5 carton package. A year or so ago, one of our "cruisemates" bought 10 cartons ( 5 for herself and 5 for her husband, although he doesn't smoke) in St. Thomas at about $12-$13 per carton. ;)

Archived