Britannia day visit

Agree with Selbourne. We've never paid less than around £2,000 each for a Suite, and that would have been for a week.

We do, however, book months and months in advance, sometimes 12. I suspect that the price they are quoting is for a week and is a saver fare.

It also depends on the ship. Aurora and Adonia are A LOT more than that for a Suite!

Agree with Selbourne, you don't push past anyone, you simply go down to the tender when you're ready to get off. No-one else but you is aware you have a priority pass, in fact, I can't remember the last time anyone checked it anyway!

You raise an interesting point. They don't check. And I think it was TerrierJohn who said in the Disembarkation thread that he joins the departure queue whenever it suits him and has never been challenged. Again, they don't check. Thinking about it, P&O plays on the desire us Brits have to queue for everything. I suspect that, if you have the front to do it, you could wander down to the tender or the disembarkation queue whenever you want to and the chances of being stopped are negligible. The security staff at the point of exit are purely focussed on scanning your cruise card to make sure that they know that you are no longer on the ship. Nothing else.

We went on a visit on Britannia last July and bought the FCC on the visit (was so busy and we were in one of the last groups going round that there was no time to actually speak to someone about booking a cruise). However there was a card in the bag they give you for further OBC if you booked specifically for a cruise on Britannia and within 3 MONTHS of the visit! I remember this as I can't book my holidays at work until the September before the summer and I just got in on time! Can't remember exactly all the percentages but we bought the FCC (£25 each) and there was an OBC promotion on at the time we booked. We ended up with a total of £250 for the 2 of us for just 6 nights! I was very happy with that :D

Thank you! That does sound like a good deal. And being able to book within 3 months is good. I'm not familar with p&o FCC- is it like NCL, you buy one and they boost it by 2× as a deposit towards your next cruise?

Just to contribute to the main discussion, I was asked when I booked if we had cruised before, but as I said only on NCL he didn't ask any further questions. Assume if I had answered yes on p&o they would have.

With ease! To be serious though, it's not about pushing past people! It simply avoids the hassle of having to assemble in the theatre (or wherever), be given a number and then wait to be called to proceed to deck 4. On one ship once, when we weren't in a suite, that process took 90 minutes. You simply go down to deck 4 whenever suits you and join whatever queue there happens to be down there at that time. I hate tender ports as it starts the day with a hassle, so anything to relive that is a plus in my book.

A-ha! Naively I have been the cause of my own social anxiety.I have always gone to join a tour via the theatre (always one to follow the rules!!!). I can't wait to become a seasoned cruiser and know all the short-cuts. Thanks Selbourne.

A-ha! Naively I have been the cause of my own social anxiety.I have always gone to join a tour via the theatre (always one to follow the rules!!!). I can't wait to become a seasoned cruiser and know all the short-cuts. Thanks Selbourne.

But, unfortunately, if you are on a tour you still need to go to the assembly point, as that's where the stickers for each tour bus are issued!