Late Flight on Disembarkation Day

Bourdieu

On disembarkation day at Athens, my wife and I have a Cunard arranged BA flight at 20.00. Our worry is that we will be transferred from the ship to the airport in the morning. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of evening flights and whether transfer was in the morning, or if there were other options such as staying on the ship longer or excursions that drop you at the airport?

Have you explored the Cunard excursions for Athens. They usually feature a but tour, that highlights the city and then heads to the airport.

Jonathan

Thanks for your response. I have looked at the excursions for Athens but none of them mention going to the airport.

We're on the same flight as you I think but we booked it separately from the cruise. Are you departing Athens on the 22nd?

We're in the same conundrum. Some people have suggested a tour might be available to book when on board for this last day that takes you to the airport later on. If not we think we're going to hire a driver for the day and explore.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of evening flights and whether transfer was in the morning, or if there were other options such as staying on the ship longer or excursions that drop you at the airport?

In recent years Cunard indeed offered late transfers for people with late flights. In addition to early morning transfers there were transfers at times like 12, 2, 4 pm. One was allowed to stay onboard and use the facilites but of course not the cabin.

No gurarantee for what will happen this year, though.