Anyone have trouble getting Choice Air credit?

rosegrower

I booked our Oct 2017 Journey cruise on Oct 19, 2016. The promotion at that time was a balcony room for the inside price and $500 per person Choice Air credit. Since it was too far out to book flights, our TA called Azamara and was told I could book at a later date and receive the credit. The TA made a note of that in our reservation. I made final payment on May 19, 2017 and asked again about Choice air and was told yes the credit was in my reservation. Fast forward to today after much research and with prices rising every week, called Choice Air to book and was told there never was a promotion like that and if there was, the $500 per person would go to the cruise fare, not Choice Air. Our TA spoke with Azamara rep and a supervisor and they again said there was no promotion like that in my reservation. They will let my TA know in 48 hours. Our first time on Azamara is not starting out very well! Anyone have this problem?

No, not what happened! Azamara called our TA and said that it was a "miscommunication" on the part of the Azamara agent who put the wrong code on our reservation. So, we will receive our $1000 Choice Air credit that was part of the offer when we booked. So glad I questioned the validity of the Choice Air's agent, who told me there never was a offer ever for Choice Air credit by Azamara and our TA was very proactive in their help!

I got right through, and was told that yes, the Choice Air promotion you booked under would come off of your cruise fare.

Our director of customer service has asked that you email your name, sailing date and booking number. We are both sorry you've had mixed responses! Here's the email to use: AzamaraCustomerService@azamaraclubcruises.com

Thanks Bonnie, but I think it is resolved now. We just have to book our flights with Choice Air, then call TA and they will contact Azamara and they will send us the $1000 (500 per person credit) It was the Choice Air agent that said the offer did not ever exist. I knew it did, our TA did and pursued the matter and got results. It might not seem much to some, but airfare to Europe is so expensive that that $1000 does help!

I got right through, and was told that yes, the Choice Air promotion you booked under would come off of your cruise fare.

Our director of customer service has asked that you email your name, sailing date and booking number. We are both sorry you've had mixed responses! Here's the email to use: AzamaraCustomerService@azamaraclubcruises.com

Thank you Bonnie!!!

Thanks Bonnie, but I think it is resolved now. We just have to book our flights with Choice Air, then call TA and they will contact Azamara and they will send us the $1000 (500 per person credit) It was the Choice Air agent that said the offer did not ever exist. I knew it did, our TA did and pursued the matter and got results. It might not seem much to some, but airfare to Europe is so expensive that that $1000 does help!

Hi Rosegrower, I'm glad it's been resolved. I'll let the director know this.

And yes, I agree, $1000 definitely helps towards air anywhere!