Switching to travel agent.

marden1970

I've noticed quite a few cruisers that book directly with Princess and then transfer their booking to a travel agent. I was wondering what the advantages, if any, were to doing this. I realize that many travel agents offer different perks, etc so why not just book with them in the first place? Thanks for satisfying my curiosity.

I've noticed quite a few cruisers that book directly with Princess and then transfer their booking to a travel agent. I was wondering what the advantages, if any, were to doing this. I realize that many travel agents offer different perks, etc so why not just book with them in the first place? Thanks for satisfying my curiosity.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2415875&highlight=switching+booking+to+a+travel+agent

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2505117&highlight=move+booking+to+a+travel+agent

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2425279&highlight=move+booking+to+a+travel+agent

The only thing that we have seen is 1st booking with a Cruise Line PCC and then transferring the booking to a TA to gain more perks is that the Cruise Line PCC gets the booking credit in the eyes of their employer, this is what we were told by Princess and HAL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because I can pick the exact cabin (in our case suite, not many on a ship) I want. Otherwise it would be, oh that one is not available, how about this one, phone tag. Then I transfer the booking to my travel agent for a 10% discount and additional onboard credit.

How stupid of me to book a 7-day, 10-day, and 15-day (all in penthouse suites) at full fare directly with Princess before I used a TA.