The Adventures of a Lost Item

Christmas time 2015 we left our carry on bag in the port as we collected the rest of our bags we placed outside of our rooms the night before. It had our personal hygiene items( including new perfume and cologne bottles) , my jewelry box, and some new clothes my kids had gotten for Christmas. I was upset that it was lost and called Carnival and the port several times but was told no one had seen it. We chalked it up as a loss..... about 18 months later I got a call from a woman who had picked it up at the port and taken it home with her, placing it in her garage when she realized it wasn't hers. She stated she had forgotten about it until she was cleaning out her garage and found it recently. She offered to mail it to me. I was shocked and excited to get it back... unfortunately, the cologne and perfume smelled awful and the clothes no longer fit my teenage sons! I did get my jewelry back and am thankful the woman called- I just wished it was a little earlier!

Edited by Kings queen
grammar errors

We did a Celebrity 14 day South American cruise 2 years ago. For some reason my husband took his keys (car & house) out of his bag and put them in a drawer, then ended up throwing a napkin on top of it.

We disembarked in Chile, and while doing a tour on the way to the airport he realized he didn't have the keys to get in the house! We called Celebrity, told them the cabin number and where they keys were, what they looked like, etc. They said they would try to find them and get them back to us. We had to call a relative who had a key to our house to let us in when we got back home.

Husband called every few days - they indeed found the keys but sending them from South America wasn't easy. We had lots of paperwork to fill out, even offered to express ship them but they said "don't worry". Three weeks later the package arrived with the keys and our cabin steward had put in a note "Always check drawers!" with a smiley face, as well as whomever packaged it up put in a note.

It was a happy end to a bumpy cruise. The beginning of our trip our luggage was delayed for 3 days while we were in Buenos Aires (we got it 2 hours before sailing, thankfully the ship was there for an overnight). We did have insurance, so that helped, but Celebrity allowed us to use the phone in the Atrium to call American Airlines for 2 days (multiple times a day) and they also checked on the lost luggage (we weren't the only ones who left from NY during a blizzard!)