Jewel AB Penthouses 11024 and 11030

pilotct

Anyone stayed in either 11024 or 11030 AB Penthouse Suites on the Jewel? Would love to hear likes/dislikes, experience and see pictures if possible.

Second question - can liquor purchased in ports such as Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, etc. be brought back onto the ship?

Thanks in advance.

We were in 11018. They are al the same. I actually looked in to 11024. At least the ones I saw had the same decorating. I had heard that other ship had individual styles to each. They are amazing suites. I will never travel in anything other than an AB again.

Orcatek had sketched the foorplan on his site. I don't know how to attach it. If you go to Ocratek.com and look for the Star review it is all listed in there.

Lastly, no you can no bring alcohol back on the ship. If you purchase it, they will store it for pick up the last night.

I ordered the wellwishers.com. The prices are reasonable for liquor. It is not listed on their site and they will call you back with individual prices. You can order up to 48 hrs prior to departure.

Have fun!

Jane

Anyone stayed in either 11024 or 11030 AB Penthouse Suites on the Jewel? Would love to hear likes/dislikes, experience and see pictures if possible.

Here are the details for cabin 11024 from NCL's website

Cabin 11024

Sitting Area (1)

Crib (1)

Duvet (1)

Refrigerator (1)

Hair Dryer (1)

Telephone (1)

Safety Deposit Box (1)

Television (2)

Private Balcony (1)

Whirlpool (1)

Separate Shower (1)

Pullman Bed (1)

Queen Size Bed (1)

Convertible Double Sofa Bed (1)

CD Library (1)

Digital Video Disc Library (1)

Digital Video Disc Player (1)

Stereo/CD Player (1)

Oceanview Stateroom (1)

Butler Service (1)

Concierge (1)

Dining room area (1)

Livingroom area (1)

Separate Bedroom (1)

Floor to ceiling sliding glass doors (1)

Starboard Side (1)

Midship Section (1)

Pier forward (1)

Bathtub (1)

Balcony Square Footage (54)

Cabin Square Footage (490)

Bar Counter (1)

Connecting Room (11026)

Tea and Coffee Maker (1)

Sprinklers (1)

Master Bedroom (1)

Internet access (1)

Bathroom in 2nd bedroom with shower (1)

We are looking into booking an AB Penthouse for a Christmas cruise next year. Is the pullman bed one bed that pulls out of the wall? So it only sleeps one?

Would appreciate any other tips/likes/dislikes regarding this cabin type!!

We are looking into booking an AB Penthouse for a Christmas cruise next year. Is the pullman bed one bed that pulls out of the wall? So it only sleeps one?

Would appreciate any other tips/likes/dislikes regarding this cabin type!!

Everything you ever wanted to know about an AB . This from the Star but the suites are exactly the same.

http://www.orcatekweb.com/Cabin-11550.htm

girlsroom2.jpg

Thanks for answering all my questions----especially you, Shoreguy! You are simply awesome! We have booked our rooms for the Jewel for next Christmas: got 2 AB penthouses, 1 AF mini-suite, and 3 inside staterooms (for the kids) for our family get together! Should be a lot of fun----and we're all right together. Resolved that issue of the Courtyard Villas. We woudn't ever take advantage or abuse anything, so I hope it didn't sound as if we were trying to 'milk the system' in my earlier email regarding 'hanging out' with them in the Villa. It's my husband's brother's 50th, so we just want to be together. We are from 4 different states, so we don't get to see each other as much as we'd like. It's always so great to book that next trip and start dreaming. I've never booked one this far in advance------it may drive me crazy!!!:D

I have never been on the Jewel, but I have stayed in an AB on the Dawn. And as Shoreguy has said, the AB's look the same on the Dawn, the Star and the Jewel.

We were in an AB back in April and we will be in the same one in February, THAT is how MUCH we LOVED IT!!! That really is the ONLY drawback to starying in an AB, you will NEVER want to stay in anything but one!!! (unfortunately....!!!);)

If your children are staying in a different cabin, they CAN take part in the meals you have delivered to your cabin. There are four chairs and a dining table in an AB. We had Breakfast delivered EVERY morning. We used our Butler as a wake-up call. It was FANTASTIC!!! If you decide to have Breakfast delivered, just make sure you fill out the form and hang it on your door in the evening. Don't be afraid to write in things you don't see offered. I wrote in Eggs Benedict every day, my DH would write in waffles and such...... Your Butler WILL try to please you as much as he/she can!!

My daughter asked and received, Strawberries and Bananas dipped in chocolate!!! (just about EVERY DAY!!!)

Have FUN!!! ENJOY!!! I am 100% sure you WILL!!!:D

Suesan:) :) :)

Suesan Jean, Thanks for the great details!! I can't wait and I'm over a year away---------YIKES!! While we're on the subject of butlers/concierge, how much extra do people usually tip each butler/concierge (assuming, of course, you receive excellent service----which I'm sure we will!)? We've never had butlers, etc. and usually tip our room steward an extra $20 or so. Any suggestions?

Thanks!:p

Well, I gotta tell you, I think that Butler tipping can be a bit confusing. I guess it all depends on how MUCH you use your Butler's services.

For instance, we used our Butler ALOT. From bringing Breakfast every day, bringing my DD lunch and snacks just about every day (she was in one of those teenage-girl-moods......), she made sure ANYTHING that was not right with our cabin was fixed, IMMEDIATELY!! She brought us DVD's, returned my Library books, delivered "goodies" to friends I made on the ship. So, we tipped her quite well. I think it was $120, I think.... We are talking nine months ago...

There is a CC'er, "Shoreguy", He is on my Roll Call for my upcoming Dawn cruise, he knows the usual and customary tip one should give a Butler. I will ask him and I will get back to you.

I think I just added up ALL the times she came to our cabin bringing meals and EVERYTHING else she did. Butlers do NOT take part in that NCL tipping charge of $10.00 per day per adult and $5.00 a day per day per child. Geepers, when the pizza guy comes he gets a couple of bucks for ONE pizza, times that for meals, snacks, etc.....

I am quite sure that some people tip way less and some tip way more. What ever you are comfortable with, and if you were happy with your service. THAT is what matters!!

We also tipped a little extra at meals if we had a GREAT service, at the different restaurants. You DON'T have too, but we did. Like $3.00, a $1.00 for each of us. It made us happy and our servers too.

Just know that when you walk into your AB you WILL be WOWED!!!:D It is worth EVERY penny!!! Even my DH who can be a bit blase about things was like, "Suesan, you did good!!!" The master bath is FANTASTIC!!!

Have you gone to Orcatek's web site, he has the BEST pictures!!!

TTFN

Suesan:) :) :)

• 5 weeks later...

Omigod!!! Just got an upsell on the Jewel for a back to back and got the AB Penthouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I have never had anything like this before so I am thrilled. Trying to keep it a secret from my DH but may have to tell- he'll wonder why there is a huge grin on my face all the time!

This year we were fortunate to cruise in two Penthouses, one was an AC and the other was an AB. And now that we are booking for 2006, I'm trying to work the best deal because once you have a penthouse, everything after that is just not the same.

If you want to see more pictures of an AB on the Star (besides Oratek), click below.

We are on the 1/22 and 1/29 sailing-

My hubby was so excited! Of course now we're thinking we'll have to 'upgrade' the clothes we're bringing (lol)......when do you meet your butler? Right when you arrive? Is Ruth from the Dawn the concierge? How often did you all dine in your suite? I can not wait!!!!!

We are on the 1/22 and 1/29 sailing-

My hubby was so excited! Of course now we're thinking we'll have to 'upgrade' the clothes we're bringing (lol)......when do you meet your butler? Right when you arrive? Is Ruth from the Dawn the concierge? How often did you all dine in your suite? I can not wait!!!!!

My understanding Ruth has just left for vacation. The good news Klaus should be back for at least your last week as HD.

We just got back from Christmas on the Jewel. We had an AB penthouse with 5 of us. My DH,my mom, 11 yo DD and 9 yo DS. The sleeping arrangements were fine. The room amazing and now of course we can never get anything else because we were so spoiled!:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi! I just started a new post asking for help b/c I just realized the treadmills are directly above our rooms. I planned this trip for my husband's family, specifically for a very special brother-in-law's birthday ---so I don't want a bunch of running above their cabin (or any others in our family!) all the time. This is his first time cruising and I want him to have a fantastic experience. NCL is fantastic and I know he'll enjoy it, but if you have constant banging noises in your room where you are relaxing and/or trying to rest/sleep---it will definitely put a damper on the trip. Any advice? (P.S.---I don't think there are any other penthouses left anywhere else on the ship and he wanted a bigger room----for more space! We considered the villas but some of the family can't afford that, so we chose the 11th deck b/c we could get penthouses, mini-suites and inside rooms all together). This is all my fault-because I usually am very careful to check what's above/below us before I book. I don't know how I overlooked the treadmills. I just saw spa, thought 'good, that's quiet' and booked. :( I appreciate any insight you can share.

Archived