Linked reservations not eating together?

j in tx

Hi all,

I will be on the Dream with a couple of friends soon. We made reservations at the same time and linked them. Originally both cabins were waitlisted for our dining request, then I received our requested time. They (party of 2) are still waitlisted, even though we're still linked. Carnival says they'll find out their dining time at the pier.

Has anyone ever had this happen, linked reservations not being given the same dining? (That's why we linked!). And what happened if this happened to you?

Thanks!

J

You could try emailing the Mater D the week before your cruise and tell him your problem. They normally do their best to accommodate even if they do not answer your email (some do and some don't). If he can fix it ahead of time it will show correctly on your ship's cards when you get them. If it's not right they go to the Mater D stand soon after you board.

See replies below from another thread I copied and pasted for emailing information. Check the list below for the 2 letter abrivations since a few are not the first 2 letters (like the Conquest and Magic)

Just email the maitreD it's the 1st 2 letters of your ship ##maitred@carnival.com example for the Legend it's lemaitred@carnival.com it takes a while for them to get back to you but they've answered me within 24 hours.

Ship abbreviations:

Breeze BR

Conquest CQ

Destiny DE

Dream DR

Ecstasy EC

Elation EL

Fantasy FA

Fascination FS

Freedom FD

Glory GL

Imagination IM

Inspiration IS

Legend LE

Liberty LI

Magic MC

Miracle MI

Paradise PA

Pride PR

Sensation SE

Spirit SP

Splendor SL

Sunshine SH

Triumph TI

Valor VA

Victory VI

Thank all of you so much for all the info. Will try the maitreD. Unfortunately, the pvp said she can't get it changed. (We tried)

J

That's weird. It must not have been properly linked to begin with. No fear...the Maitre D can fix it once you get on board.

Hi all,

I will be on the Dream with a couple of friends soon. We made reservations at the same time and linked them. Originally both cabins were waitlisted for our dining request, then I received our requested time. They (party of 2) are still waitlisted, even though we're still linked. Carnival says they'll find out their dining time at the pier.

Has anyone ever had this happen, linked reservations not being given the same dining? (That's why we linked!). And what happened if this happened to you?

Thanks!

J

Yes, I have had this happen. We traveled with another couple and linked our reservations. Well, ours were changed (online in our booking manager thingy) to our preferred early dining, while the other couple remained waitlisted. So we each called our PVP and were told that it should work out once we were on board. I was skeptical, but it did work out. We sat at the same table together.

But....we were prepared to go to the Maitre D if it hadn't been worked out. Hopefully, you won't have to go, either. There are so many other fun things to do.

Have fun!

Hi all,

Thanks!

J

See the matre d when you board.

Hi all,

Thanks!

J

Priority for being granted a preferred dining time has nothing to do with a booking being linked to another booking (except in the case of minors only is a cabin), but much to do with your VIFP status and when your booking is done. If linked bookings are done in one transaction the party with the lower VIFP status will have a better chance of coming off the waitlist around the same time as the party with the higher VIFP status. Also by buying FttF, as one of it's perks it will bump a low status VIFP member up the waitlist for a particular dining time to just below Platinums and Suite passengers waiting for it.

Thank all of you so much for all the info. Will try the maitreD. Unfortunately, the pvp said she can't get it changed. (We tried)

J

The Maitre'D should be able to help but this may also cause a "backfire" situation. It's very rare (if both parties have sailed Carnival before) but it could happen, that to be able to be seat the bookings together your confirmed dining time may have to be switched to a secondary choice. You may want to also try to plead your case to John Heald's staff on his :) book page about 4-5 days before your cruise.

I have found that the best time to email them is about two days after the previous voyage has sailed. This gives them time to take care of all of the current guests. I just emailed the Maitre'd of the Dream at "drmaitred@carnival.com" a few moments ago for my voyage this Sunday. I have always had my requests honored and they usually respond back. Make sure and give them all the guests names, booking, room number and sail date to make it easy on them. Also, if you have any special requests, like an exclusive table for two, etc. let them know.

Good luck!

Brad

I have found that the best time to email them is about two days after the previous voyage has sailed. This gives them time to take care of all of the current guests. I just emailed the Maitre'd of the Dream at "drmaitred@carnival.com" a few moments ago for my voyage this Sunday. I have always had my requests honored and they usually respond back. Make sure and give them all the guests names, booking, room number and sail date to make it easy on them. Also, if you have any special requests, like an exclusive table for two, etc. let them know Good luck! Brad

This method has worked for us when we needed to email as well. The nice thing about emailing the Maiter D is that the correct table number appears on your cabin S&S card at check-in

Thanks to all with all the great advice! We are both the same level, and the transactions were done at the same time. (By the same pvp). And it showed that we were linked. That's why we couldn't figure out what happened. But it has been fixed now! Thanks to all!

J