Anchorage

TheCalicoCat

On our itinerary, Anchorage is a stop, not the beginning/terminating (is Seward/Whittier) of a cruise.

When the ship docks in Anchorage, I assume there will be a shuttle from the ship since this is an industrial port.

Where does the shuttle drop you off in town?

Can you go back & forth, or is this a port where you should plan to be off the ship all day or where once you return you should plan on staying on the ship?

I will have access to a private car (my friend was going to show us around, but she has to work, so we will only be able to meet for dinner, with that said, she is letting us use her car), will I be able to park the car, return to the ship, go back to the car? (We are in port from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.)

(Can I shower & change on the ship after hiking prior to dinner in Anchorage?)

I believe they drop you at the Egan Center on 5th Ave.

I'm pretty sure to get back on the ship you'll need to use the shuttle. The port is a secured area and without a TWIC card you won't be able to just drive to the ship.

Although in the past most of the shuttles dropped at the Egan, they have been using several different venues. If you arrive on July 24, the schedule has you being dropped at the Dena'ina Civic and Convention Center at 600 W 7th Ave.

Although in the past most of the shuttles dropped at the Egan, they have been using several different venues. If you arrive on July 24, the schedule has you being dropped at the Dena'ina Civic and Convention Center at 600 W 7th Ave.

Thanks again, yes we do arrive on the 24th in Anchorage. Is 600 W 7th Ave near the visitors center? (What I assume to be the sod roofed building?)

I need to come up with a rendezvous point, since meet me at the ship is probably not an option.:cool: