Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the Seas Transatlantic Rome to San Juan PR Nov 6,2017

Mike NYC

May book Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the Seas Transatlantic Rome to San Juan Puerto Rico on Nov 6th with my sister, who I often take a cruise with. We have 2 different cruises we're thinking of, this one is winning so far.

Live in PR so it's just one way air to Italy. May start landing to Venice, then go to Florence, Siena and maybe Pisa for a day and maybe Rome for a day. Been to all the cities before. Plan on touring an extra 10 days before the cruise. This will be the 6th cruise I've taken from Civitavecchia, an easy train ride from Rome. Been to Italy many times. Was there last year we spent a week in Rome then took a 21 day cruise on Rome to Dubai and stay 4 days in Dubai.

May book Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the Seas Transatlantic Rome to San Juan Puerto Rico on Nov 6th with my sister, who I often take a cruise with. We have 2 different cruises we're thinking of, this one is winning so far.

Live in PR so it's just one way air to Italy. May start landing to Venice, then go to Florence, Siena and maybe Pisa for a day and maybe Rome for a day. Been to all the cities before. Plan on touring an extra 10 days before the cruise. This will be the 6th cruise I've taken from Civitavecchia, an easy train ride from Rome. Been to Italy many times. Was there last year we spent a week in Rome then took a 21 day cruise on Rome to Dubai and stay 4 days in Dubai.

We are on it and doing just that, flying into Venice for three nights then getting a car and going to La Spezia for three nights then to Siena for three nights, then Amalfi before ending up in Civitavechia for a night before the cruise.

Jeff and Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Guy's

We are also doing this cruise :-)

We will go directly to Rome.

Helmut & Alex

Welcome. We will be in Germany and on a river cruise too before this.

Annie booked the Cruise today. Next look up Airfare, not certain if I'll be leaving from PR or NYC, to Venice. Makes the trip easier and I don't have to shleep my luggage from NYC in Aug back to Puerto Rico. The real advantage is getting a better flight at less cost otherwise it will be 3 changes in planes and 16 hours if I leave from PR vs 8 hours direct flight from NYC. Checked I can get a $350 one way fare with one stop or $800 for a nonstop.

Been to all the ports, Valencia is a GEM! Outstanding city with modern architecture had a Riverbed that went dry 100's of years ago became a upscale Avenue with Parks, Concert Halls, Gardens and Bridges that are outstanding. Good food too! Cathedral is nice and the city is easy to navigate, good train connections and buses.

Hi

We are staying at Gravina Rooms San Pietro which is close to Castel Angelo and we would like to share the transfer from Rome to Port on 06. November.

If somebody is interested? We are two people.

BR

Helmut

• 3 weeks later...

Annie just booked an additional cruise today. We are Born & raised in NYC retired and have homes in NYC & Puerto Rico. Annie takes care of our Dad. Live most of the time by El Yunque rainforest. Great to be retired grow my Orchids and Exotic Plants in a tropical setting!

We already booked the TransAtlantic Reposting Cruise 2 months ago. It will take us from Rome back home to Puerto Rico, so I can buy lots of Wine and other goodies that would be impossible to take on a plane

We were going to do B2B Mediterranean Cruise or a Venice-Greek Island Cruise but really liked the itinerary offered by NCL Spirit better.

NCL Norwegian Spirit October 22,- Nov 2, 2017 12 Day/11 nights departing RT Civitavecchia, Italy

Date Port Arrive Depart

01 Sunday, October 22 Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy 5:00pm

02 Monday, October 23 At Sea

03 Tuesday, October 24 Crete (Heraklion), Greece 1:00pm 8:00pm

04 Wednesday, October 25 Rhodes, Greece 9:00am 5:00pm

05 Thursday, October 26 Athens (Piraeus), Greece 9:00am 7:00pm

06 Friday, October 27 Mykonos, Greece 8:00am 5:00am

07 Saturday, October 28 Santorini, Greece 8:00am 5:00pm

08 Sunday, October 29 At Sea

09 Monday, October 30 Valletta, Malta 8:00am 5:00pm

10 Tuesday, October 31 Messina, Sicily, Italy 8:00am 6:00pm

11 Wednesday, November 1 Naples (Capri), Italy 7:00am 7:00pm

12 Thursday, November 2 Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy 6:00am,

Been to Italy 5 times before, and all the ports, really have enjoyed ourselves, all are wonderful!

Last fall we went to Rome/Vatican for 6 days then took the NCL Star from Rome to Dubai on a 21 day cruise, then stay in Dubai 4 extra days revisited all the Greek and Italian (ports except for Malta) this cruise will be going to. Been to Malta before on the NCL Gem Transatlantic and Mediterranean B2B cruise in 2008.

We have not finally decided if we will get to Rome a day or 2 early or the same morning as the cruise departs. The other option is to arrive a 4 days early, visit Venice then meet the ship in Civitavecchia. We will probably go to Pisa, Lucca they are nice, easy to get to and explore the 4 days in between the Cruises. We'll let you know what we decided.

Using the Train in Italy is easy all the major cities have connections to Civitavecchia, depending where you're coming from you may have to connect in Rome Termini station. There are express trains from Civitavecchia to Florence or Siena in less then 3 hours, 2.5 hours to Pisa and Venice a little more then 4 hours. Local trains are about 1.5 hours longer but at half the cost. Many Buses are also direct and cheaper then the train, often the terminals are next door to each other. BAD bus connections from most places to Civitavecchia, no buses from Airport to the port but easy by train, you can take express or local trains (Cheaper) and transfer, avoiding going to Termini.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi!

If somebody is interested joining us on a half day tour in Ponta Delgada, Azores, to Sete Cidades you can contact me by email hexl2000.hb (a) gmail.com

The tour is 125 EUR per van.

BR

Helmut

Email sent.

Airline to Rome Italy from San Juan -JFK- Rome tickets were gotten, flying time almost 15 hours with almost 4 hour layover in NYC. We will spend only a day at the port before getting on the ship to the Greek Islands.

Plans to begin a week earlier in Venice, then going Siena, and Pisa on our way to the Ship before borading the first cruise did not work out.

As of now Meeting friends visiting Rome when we get back from the first cruise before boarding the Cross Atlantic Cruise back to San Juan.

There are a few other sailors that are also doing the same 2 cruises!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi LGBT cruisers on Jewel! My partener and I are very excited about that TA cruise and will love to meet other gay and lesbian cruiser onboard. We are hetero friendly as well! We just want to have fun and good time with interesting people around the pool, at club et spa! We are very easy going guys with good sens of humour. Please, don't be shy and say HI! See you onboard!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello All

I usually look for the Friends of Dorothy notice on each sailing, This trip I am traveling with my parents so might be nice to meet some new friends aboard ship. We are traveling to Rome from LAX ;)

Hello All

I usually look for the Friends of Dorothy notice on each sailing, This trip I am traveling with my parents so might be nice to meet some new friends aboard ship. We are traveling to Rome from LAX ;)

Hi there!!! Will be more than happy to meet you on the ship and have a drink or 2!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums