Mahogony bay/beach snorkeling or pay to go to west bay??

backnine05

I am traveling in a group and some people want to go snorkeling, both right from the beach or purchasing a tour from a vendor on the beach. Which would you recommend? Is paying for the trip to west bay worth it (just for snorkeling comparisons) I know the west bay beach is a lot nicer than mahogony beach(right at the port) but I am curious if the snorkeling would be significantly better? Any links to reviews at either location would be appreciated.

I am traveling in a group and some people want to go snorkeling, both right from the beach or purchasing a tour from a vendor on the beach. Which would you recommend? Is paying for the trip to west bay worth it (just for snorkeling comparisons) I know the west bay beach is a lot nicer than mahogony beach(right at the port) but I am curious if the snorkeling would be significantly better? Any links to reviews at either location would be appreciated.

The first post in this thread is a start as to why it is difficult to answer your question. The thread also has heaps of info about snorkeling West Bay.

I have not been to Mahogany Beach but from what I understand there is a bit of snorkeling to be had off the far pier, I understand there are several clusters of rocks.

West Bay Beach has not only proper reef but it has in inside reef and an outside reef, all easy to get to from the shore.