Liberty or Sunshine for Spring Break cruise with kids?

caryatid

We just got back from a fantastic cruise on the Disney Dream, and now that we know that our kids are good cruise partners, we want to plan our next cruise for Spring Break next April. I am looking at doing either the Liberty or the Sunshine because both of those ships would work for our dates.

We were docked next to the Liberty in Nassau so I was able to do some reconnaissance, and I also saw the Sunshine when we were leaving Port Canaveral. They both look like really great ships, but for those of you "in the know" which one do you think would be better for a Spring break cruise with a 5 and 8 year old?

I initially was drawn to the Sunshine since I know my boys would love the ropes course and the waterworks area, but I've read some reviews that say that the ship's layout is awkward and can get very difficult to maneuver and that with only one pool for kids, it can get super crowded. I know my kids will want to be in the pool, so that is an important consideration, but my husband likes that the Sunshine is a 5 day vs. Liberty's 4 day.

What do you guys think? My main concern with the Sunshine is crowding, and now that we know that our boys enjoy crusing, I know that there will be many more in our future so we could save the Sunshine for a vacation at a different time. Where we live school gets out much earlier than in the NE, so we could always do Sunshine right after school lets out in May in the next year or two, and there will hopefully be less kids on board.

I LOVE the Sunshine. Been on it twice. Have it booked for February 2018 now.

BUT I would NOT go on the Sunshine at Spring Break with kids who love the Pool.

TOO many people. Too few Pools.

The MAGIC has MORE pools. Fewer people. and we have not been on it yet ( going in nine weeks) but we have sailed on the Dream...which is almost identical..........and More Space. Bigger Cabins. More Pools.

I would Pick Magic.

Since Spring Break is a crowded time to cruise and includes lots of kids, I would definitely choose the Liberty over the Sunshine. Is there not a way that you can do a 7 day instead of a 5 day during that time? During Spring Break, the 5 day cruises are also filled with college kids wanting to "let loose".

We love the Liberty and until we sailed the Magic last year was our favorite ship! It never seemed crowded and cabins were newer/updated and my son never ran out of things to do. We were very happy with that ship!!!