Snuba with Carnival

jonwn

Has anybody done this tour my daughter wants to do this and I would just like information on if it was worth it. How long do you ride on the boat to get to site. Anything else helpful. She does not want to do a cave tour.

Yes, we did this in September through Carnival. We loved it! The boat picks you up directly from the ship - - the snuba, snorkelers and power snorkelers all get on the same boat. The boat ride was probably about 20 minutes or so the the snuba spot, then we got in and were under the water for quite a while - - I'd say 30 minutes. They take you down in groups of four - - with each group getting their own guide. Beautiful spot - - definitely the best we've done (we did snuba in the Bahamas and in the Caymans). After snuba the rum starts flowing (rum & coke or rum pumch) then you ride for another 15-20 minutes to a little patch of sand in the middle of the water. Once there they had kayaks and floats and you could just hang out. Coolers were there and rum was plentiful. Didn't notice if there were non-alcoholic beverages. You are at the island for about an hour then head back to the ship. Crew/staff were awesome. We loved this excursion. Let me know if you have other questions.

Archived