Difference Between Portifino's And Sabatini's

Can someone that has eaten at both Sabatini's on Princess and Portifino's on RCI tell me if there is a difference? We did not care for Sabiatini's but I want to try Portifino's because I have read some many good reviews. I am having a hard time convincing DH of this.

Thanks

deb

Portofino's is more like an upscale Italian restaurant. You order off a menu and there is everything from pasta dishes to filet Mignon. The food is awesome and well worth the extra cost. Personally I like Portofino's much more than I liked sabatini's.

I enjoyed both Portofino's and Sabatini's.

Portofino's is more of a traditional dining experience. Instead of just ordering an entree and having the rest of the meal a la carte, you order each course.

I had the filet and my wife had the chicken parmigiana. They also had a seared tuna that I would have liked to have tried as well.

The desserts at Portofino's are also better (especially the flourless chocolate cake), but then again, Royal Caribbean's desserts were in general better than Princess's.

I think Portofino's is something that is not to be missed.

Thank you both! I think we will definetly try Portofino's now. :D

Also dont miss Chops steakhouse, one of the best steakhouses that I have ever been too.

Also at Portofinos ask for a table in Shuberts section (if he's still on when you go). He is awesome and will make your dinner just that much better.

Also dont miss Chops steakhouse, one of the best steakhouses that I have ever been too.

Also at Portofinos ask for a table in Shuberts section (if he's still on when you go). He is awesome and will make your dinner just that much better.

Portofino's food is much better than Sabatini's and although I was very full, I wasn't sickly full (as in after the 14 courses at Sabatini's). I thought Sabatini's was a fun experience, but didn't think the food was exceptional. The tiramisu was the same as the diningroom. Not so with Portofinos. Service and food were great - can't wait to go again!!!

Laura

I will preface this by saying that we did not care for RCCL and will not cruise with them again (we definitely enjoy Celebrity and Princess). In all fairness, however, if I criticize some things on the cruise I also have to give credit where credit is due.

That being said, IMHO, Portofino is what Sabatini's should be - an intimate dining experience with wonderful food and service. We ate there 2 nights on a 5 night cruise and wish we would have dined there every night.

I don't care for the "moving buffet" of mediocre food that comprises most of the Sabatini's experience. The only items that you actually order in Sabatini's (entree and dessert), however, were very good to excellent. I think they would be well served to adopt a more traditional approach to dining.

We also found the service in Sabatini's to be spotty with long pauses that could not be attributed to pacing.

If you did not care for the decor, food, or service in Sabatini's I think you might find Portofino much more to your liking - we did.

Archived