Princess vs Carnival rate comparison

A&Jfamily

We also prefer to drive but will make sure we get to the port a day early just in case. Wonder why placement of a bag would cause a light to go on?

My theory. The symbol that came on was described in the manual as pressure. Tire pressure. So the First stop...A Walmart in Daytona which had an auto shop........they put some air in tires. No issues.

Light comes back on..we stop at Gas Station. Husband checks tires. Put a tiny bit on one tire.

Get back on the Road. half an hour later. Light comes back on

Third Stop. Find a Sam's Club with Tire Shop in Ft. Pierce, I believe. Port St. Lucy. Check out Tires

Told us to Ignore the Light

Hard to do

SO..........I was thinking pressure. We had four big bags, Stuffed. we were going on HAL, and had drug our Glad Rags out dinner and such. Plus I was carrying a suitcase for my grandchild. I took the heaviest one.......Husband's. Suit. Clothes. Shoes. Including dress shoes. Put it into the Back Seat.

Light did not come back on.

Drove home with same clothes. Same luggage. Heaviest suitcase in Back seat. It HAD to be TOO much weight in on the tires or frame or something.

Not a mechanic.

Pressure and Weight are connected. exactly how mathematically I don't know. Algebra was difficult for me. But I knew that.............

NEVER want to do that Again. EVER.

Asking for DH (he's retired mil) is that $250 OBC for military the norm? He said sometime ago that Princess USED to offer $250 as standard for mil but that they seemed to have dropped it to $100 now. So do you know if your $250 OBC was standard or part of a special? Oh and how many days was that cruise, maybe that makes a diff....

Anyways we have sailed CCL and RCI and he has also done the X once but neither of us has ever sailed Princess and have been looking... but always with best price in mind.

My husband is Military

$100 for 7 day or 8 day cruise He got that March of 2016.

$250 for two weeks? long time since

$300 for longer?

My theory. The symbol that came on was described in the manual as pressure. Tire pressure. So the First stop...A Walmart in Daytona which had an auto shop........they put some air in tires. No issues.

Light comes back on..we stop at Gas Station. Husband checks tires. Put a tiny bit on one tire.

Get back on the Road. half an hour later. Light comes back on

Third Stop. Find a Sam's Club with Tire Shop in Ft. Pierce, I believe. Port St. Lucy. Check out Tires

Told us to Ignore the Light

Hard to do

SO..........I was thinking pressure. We had four big bags, Stuffed. we were going on HAL, and had drug our Glad Rags out dinner and such. Plus I was carrying a suitcase for my grandchild. I took the heaviest one.......Husband's. Suit. Clothes. Shoes. Including dress shoes. Put it into the Back Seat.

Light did not come back on.

Drove home with same clothes. Same luggage. Heaviest suitcase in Back seat. It HAD to be TOO much weight in on the tires or frame or something.

Not a mechanic.

Pressure and Weight are connected. exactly how mathematically I don't know. Algebra was difficult for me. But I knew that.............

NEVER want to do that Again. EVER.

When packing a car or trailer it's best to put the heaviest in the middle. It's a matter of balancing out the load.

We booked our Princess Panama Canal cruise for less $$ (about $200 PP) in a better cabin (aft balcony) with prepaid gratuities and a $250 (military) OBC each. The cruise is also a day longer. That is with Princess, not a TA.

Not all Princess cruises will yield the same results. We got an awesome deal!

Did you book through an agent?