Boarding Time for Sunshine in Port Canaveral

terri-eddie

We are on the Sunshine out of Port Canaveral in December 2017. We have a check-in time of 1100-1130am. But we also have FTTF.

Can anyone tell me the earliest possible check-in time? We've never sailed out of this port before.

In my experience at Port Canaveral (along with most other ports I've used), porters will be available. However, depending on when the previous passengers are debarking, you may run into a crazy mess with the porters trying to assist those debarking. I have arrived in ports at 10:00 due to better driving conditions than expected and was able to leave baggage, but it can get confusing if you're coming in while others are trying to leave.

For the most part Pt. Canaveral is one of the better ports to sail out of, so you should be fine.

We just sailed out of Port Canaveral last month with FTTF. We arrived at the port parking garage at 10:10AM, parked in the outside lot adjacent to the parking garage and pulled our bags across the street directly to the porters (I could have dropped bags off first if we had wanted too - There were staff there when you entered to direct us and asked us what we'd prefer). If you don't see the sign right away for FTTF drop off, just ask and staff will direct you. We dropped our bags off at 10:30 with the porter at the FTTF bin (which is the closest to the terminal priority door entrance) and were on our way into the terminal.

Once inside, we were directed to the correct FTTF/Priority check-in line. Within 15 minutes we had our sign and sail cards and were seated with the other FTTF passengers. We were told there were 250 FTTF passengers on this cruise (you will likely have less than that on Sunshine as it is smaller than Magic), but were were directed to seating that would allow them to manage who went on first when FTTF was called. Even though we dropped our bags off at 10:30AM there were about 60 FTTF passengers ahead of us, so obviously you could check your bags in a bit earlier if you wanted to and you'd be at the front of the FTTF passenger line as well.

Once they called for FTTF, the staff in the terminal went to the individual sections of chairs where FTTF was seated and coordinated the march of FTTF passengers up the gangway. The end result, we were on the ship by 11:15, dropped our bags off in our cabin on the lido deck and were sitting for lunch in Cucina (complementary for lunch) by 11:30. Once we got done with lunch we went back to our cabin and had all of our bags by 1:15PM.

We had FTTF once before (in Galveston), but Port Canaveral was so much easier (and Galveston was not difficult). Have fun and enjoy! Hope you post a review once you are back, as we are very excited to be sailing on Sunshine next year and I can't read enough about her!

We just sailed out of Port Canaveral last month with FTTF. We arrived at the port parking garage at 10:10AM, parked in the outside lot adjacent to the parking garage and pulled our bags across the street directly to the porters (I could have dropped bags off first if we had wanted too - There were staff there when you entered to direct us and asked us what we'd prefer). If you don't see the sign right away for FTTF drop off, just ask and staff will direct you. We dropped our bags off at 10:30 with the porter at the FTTF bin (which is the closest to the terminal priority door entrance) and were on our way into the terminal.

Once inside, we were directed to the correct FTTF/Priority check-in line. Within 15 minutes we had our sign and sail cards and were seated with the other FTTF passengers. We were told there were 250 FTTF passengers on this cruise (you will likely have less than that on Sunshine as it is smaller than Magic), but were were directed to seating that would allow them to manage who went on first when FTTF was called. Even though we dropped our bags off at 10:30AM there were about 60 FTTF passengers ahead of us, so obviously you could check your bags in a bit earlier if you wanted to and you'd be at the front of the FTTF passenger line as well.

Once they called for FTTF, the staff in the terminal went to the individual sections of chairs where FTTF was seated and coordinated the march of FTTF passengers up the gangway. The end result, we were on the ship by 11:15, dropped our bags off in our cabin on the lido deck and were sitting for lunch in Cucina (complementary for lunch) by 11:30. Once we got done with lunch we went back to our cabin and had all of our bags by 1:15PM.

We had FTTF once before (in Galveston), but Port Canaveral was so much easier (and Galveston was not difficult). Have fun and enjoy! Hope you post a review once you are back, as we are very excited to be sailing on Sunshine next year and I can't read enough about her!

Thank you so much for the very detailed information! Now we know what to do and when to do it!