Vision inside room question

We will be on the vision in 14 more days! We wanted to bring a alarm clock because we will not know what time of the day it is when were in there. My question is if anyone knows if there is an outlet by the bed where we can plug it in. Its a cheepie alarm clock so batteries don't work in it.

Thanks!

Frank, Having sailed on the Vision in January and having an inside room, as we always do, and if my memory serves me, there is no outlet by the bed at all, just at the area that has the mirror and TV and shelves, which is quite a distance from the bedside.

I use a battery operated travel alarm (cheapie by the way, is there any other :)) and I really like it. I bet if you checked at a dollar store or the like you might find a cheapie wind up that would also work.

The only electric outlets in the cabin are on the desk where the fair ladies do their magic. If you need to recharge several battery operated gizmos, we usually bring a 6 outlet power strip with a 4 foot heavy duty cord. This sits alongside the desk on the floor and plugs into one of the two outlets on the desk. We then use a regular 6 or 8 foot extension cord with a cube plug at one end plugged into the power strip and run along the wall to the edge of the night table. . This allows for things like electric alarm clocks, etc to be plugged in at the night table to the extension wire and stuff like walkie-talkies, cell phones, digital camera batteries, etc. to sit on the desk and be plugged into the other 5 outlets of the power strip.

This works fine on any RCI ship we have been on (8 in total of all 4 types)where the desk is usually in the middle of the cabin.

Archived