Brilliance of the Seas

arljay

I goofed - put arljay as the title to my first post. Sorry. What I would like to know is - has anyone done a partial transit of the Panama Canal and if so, what did you see and do at that port. I can not find any tours or info on what is available. Also, in Costa Rica - what is a good tour to take (no water sports) so we can see lots there?

This will be out 57the cruise - we love them.

Anyone going?

When are you going? We are going this Jan 23. We have booked a private tour in Costa Rica. There are tours you can take while the ship is stopped in the lake in the Canal. Go to RCI's website and go to 'know before you go' and you will be able to find the tours for the Panama Canal and book them ahead if you want to. This will be our first Panama Canal, we are planning on staying on the ship so we can view the locks going in and comming out.

There is some pretty good info if you go to the ports of call area of this board. All your ports will be listed including the Panama Canal.

Have a great trip, we sure plan to.

Funcruiser

Excursions in Panama. Only ship sponsored excursions are available, they will eventually post a list for your cruise.. Once the ship goes through the first set of locks, excursion passengers are tendered off the ship while it is in the lake. They miss going back through the locks, and instead will meet up with the ship at the Cristobal terminal. We stayed on board and enjoyed the canal process, since it was a new thing for us

In Costa Rica, we hired one of Oscar's drivers. Check the ports of call board for e-mail information information. We had a very nice tour which lasted about 3 or 4 hours. Scenery, canals, banana plantation, beach bar, monkeys and sloths. :)

Last Ferb.In Costa Rica we went on the Sloth Sanctuary & river canoe, it was very good.

In Gatun Lake we stayed on the ship.

At Cristobal pier the Indians & local folklauric show was very good.

Aruba don't know since the natural bridge is no more.

Have a great trip.

Sloth.JPG.bf56f233b67be3465c16a0cacee2acba.JPG

Archived