arriving in San Juan at 3am what should I do

caster

I am taking a late flight on friday which will arrive in san juan around 3am. We will be departing on a Royal Carribean cruise saturday fron san juan. After we get our luggage and everything IM figuring it will be around 4am. If i was to get a hotel, we would probably get there at 5am and sleep untill 10am. Due to this I figure we should forgo the hotel. Is there anything to do in san juan at 4am-ish and is the airport ok to hang out for 2-3 hrs? Any other ideas?

Thanks

I am taking a late flight on friday which will arrive in san juan around 3am. We will be departing on a Royal Carribean cruise saturday fron san juan. After we get our luggage and everything IM figuring it will be around 4am. If i was to get a hotel, we would probably get there at 5am and sleep untill 10am. Due to this I figure we should forgo the hotel. Is there anything to do in san juan at 4am-ish and is the airport ok to hang out for 2-3 hrs? Any other ideas?

Thanks

Try pricing the Hampton Inn near the airport. I have heard it is nice and not terribly expensive as San Juan goes. Even if you only get 5 or 6 hours sleep it is better than sitting around the airport til 11am or noon. Check into the hotel; relax til about 11am or so and then head for the ship. There really is nothing else you can do. NMnita

Even though you are docking at 3:00 a.m., they will not awaken you get leave the ship. You can sleep in until about 8:00, so don't sweat the small stuff.

The orginal poster is saying that her arrival via the airlines is at 3:00, not disembarking the ship. If I was her I would get a hotel and sleep till noon and then head over to the ship with atleast a little rest.

There is a hotel in the airport. I cannot remember if it is a Hampton Inn or a Days Inn but it is clean. It is between where the cabs drop you off and the check inn counter. We checked in last January when San Juan was having a rain storm and canceled our plans to spend the day in old San Juan before our 8:00PM flight out.

There is a hotel in the airport. I cannot remember if it is a Hampton Inn or a Days Inn but it is clean. It is between where the cabs drop you off and the check inn counter. We checked in last January when San Juan was having a rain storm and canceled our plans to spend the day in old San Juan before our 8:00PM flight out.
The Hampton Inn is right there so I am guessing that is the one you are referring to, but there may be a Day's Inn as well. The more I think about it I think the Hampton Inn is not right on the grounds, but it has been awhile. To the Op, even though check out normally is 11am, unless they have a total sell out you can usually extend that a few hours. Good luck, NMNita

I would say that it depends on your own preference. From the postings here, it seems that most folks would get a room to sleep a bit. DH and I, on the other hand, would be so excited about the trip that we would probably prefer to hang around the airport / port until we could board, playing card games, etc. But that's just us... we know we wouldn't sleep, and would arrange to sleep more the day before we leave.

At the same time, while Old San Juan is a nice place to look around, I definitely wouldn't be keen to be exploring at 4 am. I think it would be a safety concern for me.

Archived