Breakaway to Bermuda with kids

herewego2017

Hi, husband and I are cruising on the Breakaway with our kids (both 9 years old) for our first time.

I know you need to pre-book some of the evening entertainment. I was wondering which shows would be more child-friendly?

What, if any, drinks would be complimentary for them at meals, other than tap water? At home they drink milk or juice.

Thanks!

If I remember correctly, at the buffet, milk and juice are available at breakfast and flavored water is available at all meals. At sit down restaurants, even the free ones, you can get milk and juice at anytime. At least this was my experience last year.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

There are 2 shows that you can pre book.

One is Rock of Ages, which is not appropriate for your age kids. Not sure I would have let my 14 year old watch it, if he had wanted to.

The other show is Burn the Floor, which is all sorts of dancing. My husband and I thought it was terrific, and would be appropriate for your kids if they liked watching that sort of thing.

They also have a crew talent show on the last afternoon onboard, which you don't need to book.

They now have a magician on the last evening which I'm sure you're kids would love on the last evening. You can't book this one, but make sure you arrive early, as I got there 20 minutes before show time, and almost all the seats were taken.

Hope this helps a little!

Karen

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! We're cruising on 7/23 to Bermuda with our 9yo twin girls. We are RCL fans, and this is our first trip on NCL. (The girls have been on one cruise a few years ago.). Looking forward to it...and monitoring your thread for info...thanks,

There are 2 shows that you can pre book.

One is Rock of Ages, which is not appropriate for your age kids. Not sure I would have let my 14 year old watch it, if he had wanted to.

Was on the breakaway last September, my then 12 year old watched Rock of Ages....the show isn't that bad......shelter your kids I guess, then watch how they turn out.

Thanks for the replies! Can anyone tell me if the Escape room is appropriate for 9yos? It has a circus theme so I thought maybe it would be.

It is an escape room so full of puzzles to solve. Very difficult. I saw some older children (10-15 yrs) there but mostly adults.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, husband and I are cruising on the Breakaway with our kids (both 9 years old) for our first time.

I know you need to pre-book some of the evening entertainment. I was wondering which shows would be more child-friendly?

What, if any, drinks would be complimentary for them at meals, other than tap water? At home they drink milk or juice.

Thanks!

we were on board last sept with a son & dgt 7&6 we are returning this Sept they are now 7&8 here is what we did. For drinks we gave them milk and juice for breakfast. Ice tea & lemonade for lunch& supper. we bought along their lg carry along cups since their is a fridge in the room they could store juice from breakfast. the lemonade is vey concentrated so you will have to add water for your desired taste. the water is filtered. Shows. IMO I do not feel Rock of ages is appropriate for anyone under 13 "PG-13" so we ate dinner at 6pm with the kids then took them to the kids club by 8 caught the 9pm show and picked them up after. Burn the floor bored them. but booking the Cirque dinner for kids this age is a must even if you've seen it on land as we have; but we still always book it. our kids loved the breakaway kids club night life, waterslides, climbing wall and bungee trampoline so much that's why we are booked again. Happy travels

Frankly, I think its the best kept secret on the Breakaway but they have the second city improv. The 7 o'clock show is very family friendly. It is very interactive. My kids loved it so much that we would get in the stand by line each night it was on so we could go to it. I think one could only reserve once but we went two more times. This is free by the way.

Hint: go early so you can get a good seat so your kids can see better as the venue is ok but its not tiered seating. If you find yourself in the stand by line, go 1/2 hour early as you should get in.