RCI Specialty Restaurant question

natish3000

We are on Enchantment in April and I have heard that she has a Chops aboard.

First, is this true?

Second, do you think it's worth the extra cost when you can get steak in the dining room?

Third,Is it "group" seating like in the dining room?

You all are the greatest and I value your opinions. Please let me know what your thought are on this.

THANKS

We were just on the Jewel 2 weeks ago, and had dinner one night in Chops. I can't answer if Enchantment has one or not, but on the Jewel, we had a party of 6 with a 630 reservation...to say it was WONDERFUL is an understatement...an amazing meal.

No, it's not "open seating"...we had a table for 6. It was worth EVERY CENT extra.

We went on Thursday nite, and all 6 of us agreed that we should have gone earlier, since our cruise ended on Saturday...we would have skipped the dining room more than just the once in favor of Chops.

Hubby and I are contemplating another cruise-and have already thought about the possibility of skipping the dining room altogether, and doing 3-4 nights of alternative dining in either Chops or Portofino, and the others in the windjammer..

• 2 weeks later...

Ask your TA to verify that there is specialty dining on Enchantment, but I would be very surprised if there is not a Chops or Portofino on the ship since it was just stretched. It is WELL WORTH the extra dollars. It's a unique dining experience. It's not just the food. It's the ambience and the special service as well. As you've already been told, you have your own table whether you have a reservation for 2 or 12. Enjoy!

Archived