Divina 3 night, July 8 - just talked to MSC about the theme/formal nights

luvavacation

I have been trying to find out about what is happening for the three night MSC cruise, and the agents at MSC have said they have no information up to this point. Then, finally, an agent last night took the time to ask around, and learned that there will be one theme night, the White Night, but none other. So, no Italian night and no formal night of any type.

Not having a formal night was what I expected, but as a woman that loves to get dressed up with a husband that fights wearing anything other than a t-shirt and shorts, this was important to know for marital peace.

If you are on this cruise, pack your white stuff (if you get into theme nights) and that's all we have to worry about!

Ok, maybe a swimsuit and some underwear might be good, perhaps a few other things. :D

Riclop, here on CruiseCritic, on the MSC information page (https://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=636), I found this when I was first trying to figure out what to expect for my first MSC cruise - "On three- to six-night cruises, Divina hosts one formal night. "

When calling MSC agents, no one knew what to expect, until this past week when someone actually took the time to inquire.

This is my first MSC cruise, so I wanted to make sure I packed appropriately.

This will be our second time in over a year sailing the Divina again this weekend. I just got off the phone with the MSC rep and there will be a formal night on second day (Sunday) and a white theme party on Monday.

Wait, what? I am all packed and don't have any formal clothing packed! I guess it will be the buffet for us!

As a passenger, this lack of correct information is frustrating. As a travel agent, the misinformation from the MSC agents that speak with the travel industry is concerning. I hope this will not be indicative of MSC Cruises as it delves further into the US market.

Wait, what? I am all packed and don't have any formal clothing packed! I guess it will be the buffet for us!

As a passenger, this lack of correct information is frustrating. As a travel agent, the misinformation from the MSC agents that speak with the travel industry is concerning. I hope this will not be indicative of MSC Cruises as it delves further into the US market.

We are onboard now, and I don't think you have to worry. We had formal night last night, and even in Yacht Club there were people who did not dress up. We will be staying on for the 3 day cruise and were under the assumption that there would not be another formal night. We sailed the 4 day cruise last July, had been told there would be a formal, and there was not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums