Jack Williams email

emptynest1

I agree it is poor customer service -- but I don't get the "feeling" that they think you are trying to get something for nothing or that you are "wrong". I think there is a process that you must go through when working with a company's risk department. They weren't on board, they didn't see the damage -- they are only asking for an estimate from the company to replace the bag. I think if you go through the process everything will be taken care of. Not sure how you have been spoken to and "treated". So far it sounds to me like they have treated you very well.

I agree they did not see the damage, but guest relations did and they wrote a full report describing the damage. I was told the report would be filed when we docked last friday and that we just needed to call CS to touch base. CS was rude to say the least and yes I am angry at the treatment by those in Miami, not by how I was treated on board.

If I was entrusted with your possesions and I broke them, I would greet you face to face and inform you of the damage and find out what it would take to replace the items. I would take resposibility for my actions and that is what I expect from RC, not cold uncaring CS.

cool1.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by emptynest1:

If I was entrusted with your possesions and I broke them, I would greet you face to face and inform you of the damage and find out what it would take to replace the items.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would agree this would be the case in a 'one-on-one' situation, however, the fact of the matter is this is a one-on-company, or company-on-one situation, so that is not an apples to apples comparison.

EN, this is from RCCL’s Web site:

"The Customer Service Call Center. This facility, which opened in Fall 1999, had an immediate impact on guest satisfaction levels. The system uses Internet personalization techniques to adapt to each call, presenting the agent with a customized view specific to the caller's problem. Currently 99 percent of all guests and travel agents that interact with the center report satisfaction with the service. Previously, only 48 percent of respondents had reported such levels."

What rotten luck for you to be in that 1% of dissatisfied people!icon_biggrin.gif

This ship 10/91

That ship 11/95

Whatever ship 12/98

here a ship 13/99

there a ship 14/00

everywhere

a

ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by newtocc:

EN, this is from RCCL’s Web site:

"The Customer Service Call Center. This facility, which opened in Fall 1999, had an immediate impact on guest satisfaction levels. The system uses Internet personalization techniques to adapt to each call, presenting the agent with a customized view specific to the caller's problem. Currently 99 percent of all guests and travel agents that interact with the center report satisfaction with the service. Previously, only 48 percent of respondents had reported such levels."

What rotten luck for you to be in that 1% of dissatisfied people!icon_biggrin.gif

This ship 10/91

That ship 11/95

Whatever ship 12/98

here a ship 13/99

there a ship 14/00

everywhere

a

ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Considering 20% of the people fall into that category. icon_biggrin.gif

OK Tbelian, maybe I was on a personal level. How about instead of leaving the shredded piece outside my cabin door as if nothing was wrong, they had a representative contact me and discuss the problem. Then take the corrective action. That would be a reasonable corporate approach I would think.

Newt, thanks for the info, I have always felt I was different than everyone else, now I am in the top 1% of complainers. I feel honored.

Nealberk, 20%? i would think if they treat everyone this way it would be higher than that.

I know that if you just read what I have said, it does sound if I am a complainer, but I was going to let it alone if RC took responsibility and compensated me for my loss. That's all I was asking for, instead I got major attitude and no hint of responsibility on their part.

cool1.gif

emptynest1,

You do not sound like a "complainer", you had a legitimate problem. I'd also be using every 4 letter word in the book if my luggage was sitting at my cabin door totally demolished. There wouldn't be enough free watermelon martinis in the world to cover that one. Okay, well maybe there could be enough if they were free for life.

Unfortunately filing a claim for damages from any big corporation is a pain in the neck, but they could be nicer to you over the telephone. That's what insurance is for.

Hope you get the problem resolved to your complete satisfaction.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;14;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Celebrity Zenith - NYC to Bermuda

Premier Big Red Boat II – 7 Night New York to Canada/New England, August 2000

Regal Empress – 5 Night New York to Canada/New England, August 2001

Celebrity Millennium – 10 Night Southern Caribbean, August 2002

Celebrity Millennium – 13 Night Mediterranean, August 2003

Celebrity Infinity –7 Night Eastern Caribbean, April 2004

Celebrity Zenith – 7 Night New York to Bermuda, August 2004

Well, have spoken with the next level of responsibility and will still have to get an appraisal from a Tumi dealer(an hour drive one way from my home)and send in the shoes. All this after they have a detailed report from their own guest relations on board who witnessed the total destruction. Still no apology for my trouble or for the damage. And add to that a possible 6 week wait to get reimbursement for what they feel is proper.

Jack, baby, you are going to hear from me.

cool1.gif

I think any claim for damage needs to be supported by an appraisal or estimate of the loss. Whether with an insurance company or any other business before they can assume loss responsibility.

I have done what is asked of me. I got the appraisal, the Tumi store took a deep breath when they saw the thing I used to call my luggage. The shoes are wrapped with the appraisal and a letter explaining all this again because I don't trust this to reach anyone who I have spoken to already. I can understand they need to have documentation.

That does not excuse the attitude of customer service. We shall see how long it takes to hear back from them now and how much responsibility they take. I was informed that the dock workers did the damage, my reply was that the dock workers were hired by them and Celebrity is responsible.

It is a shame I have such a bad taste for Celebrity now.

cool1.gif

I really don't know who did the damage. I gave the porter my bag at the pier and the next time I saw it 2 hours later it was in pieces.
I am upset about having to get an estimate. The bag was declared a total loss by the crew,(I have a letter stating that)and I have the original purchase receipt for the bag and the shoes. They still made me take it to a Tumi dealer for an estimate of repair cost and the dealer was amazed at the damage and said the obvious that this bag is a total loss. So now I have a piece of paper from 2 sources that declare it a total loss and a headache from speaking to customer service.
I wonder if they will pay for my time and travel to get the Tumi estimate that was unneccessary in my view. Maybe they want my first born son also. I wonder what other hoops I will have to jump through.

[img]http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/tier/cool1.gif[/img]

EN sounds mad, get out of her way!

[img]http://home.ix.netcom.com/~import1/_uimages/en.gif[/img]

This ship 10/91
That ship 11/95
Whatever ship 12/98
here a ship 13/99
there a ship 14/00
everywhere
a
ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

Newt, I told you before not to post that picture of me. I don't want everyone to see what I look like. They will think I threw the bag around like the gorilla in the sampsonite commercial.

EN, I know you don't like that picture of you, but I think you look cute! Did you ever get Jack Williams e-mail address?

[img]http://users.skynet.be/gedi/emoticons4u/angels/teu37.gif[/img] [img]http://www.emotipad.com/newemoticons/Blush2.gif[/img] [img]http://home.ix.netcom.com/~import1/_uimages/dihebrew.gif[/img]
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;5;16;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img] Until no one's home

Carnival Fantasy 12/01
Celebrity Galaxy 10/02
Celebrity Horizon 9/03
Carnival Miracle 5/04 [img]http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/diverse/79.gif[/img]

Cloud, thanks, now that you mention it I never did get his address.
Anyone out there with an address I can reach Jack with?
I have been the good little conformist and complied with all the rules and regulations. I sent the info to them today, and I will update this when I get a response whatever that may be.

EmptyNest-

Having dealt with both our Gas company and our medical insurance company this week and having to play the "are you sure that you do not have your head up your ***?" game with theinsurance company o f the gal who hit our car a year and a half ago, you have my sympathy.

You might want to take the approach of "why do you need that?" with the RC folk and if they can't give you a real answer, have them find someone who can. They are usually prepared to dot "i's" and cross "t's" but the "why?" questions ALWAYS give them fits - and they are usually more than willing to pass the buck up the line.

Wish I could help you on this one! I love dealing with red tape (I generlly cut it lengthwise)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by emptynest1:
Cloud, thanks, now that you mention it I never did get his address.
Anyone out there with an address I can reach Jack with?
I have been the good little conformist and complied with all the rules and regulations. I sent the info to them today, and I will update this when I get a response whatever that may be.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Jack Williams
[email]jwilliams@rccl.com[/email]

Have you tried this one? She may be able to answer the questions you have about why all the run around.

Tensi Westreicher
Account Executive, Loyalty Marketing
Celebrity Cruises
Phone: 305/539-4315
Fax: 305/982-4876
[email]tensiwestreicher@rccl.com[/email]

Char

click <a href="mailto:gaultchar@aol.com">here</a href> to send me an e-mail

Archived