Black or White Tuxedo for formal nights

Jarronwood

Hi Guys

Have a question - doing 14 nights med cruise next year and I do love to dress up in the old glad rags. Hubby is quite ok about wearing a tux but heres the question, should it be white/cream or black?

I know from reading all the threads about formal nights and it seems that at least half of the men wear a tux. When I recall my previous cruise I would say more than 75% wore a tux (of the men obviously). But that was a Caribbean one.

I think hubby looks better in a cream jacket as against a black one - you can see my his picture in my avatar taken 2 years ago 1st Dec (2nd anniversary coming up) (Also I think a cream jacket would be more versatile than a black one cos the black jackets tend to have the shiny lapels, and the cream jackets, dont, well I dont think they do so the cream jacket he could wear in the summer).

Sorry I digress, can I have your views on black or white. Also would you say that the late seating people tend to be more dressy?

Many thanks

A tux of any color will be fine. If your husband likes to stand out from the crowd then he should go for the white or the cream colored tux. Personally, I would never wear the white because I would never be able to keep it clean.....:rolleyes:

I, too, enjoy wearing my tux; but like to change up. I would wear the black jacket one night and the cream the other. My wife and I are going to the Southern Caribbean in March. I am comtemplating wearing my dress Blues on the first evening and my tux on the second.

Captain Ronn

I absolutely love seeing guys wearing white tux's. I think it looks really nice. Going on such a long cruise, I definitely think it would be cool if he mixed up. I'm sure you will have different dresses for each formal night...if you get pictures done from each formal night it would be nice to see a change in the pictures. Coordinate your outfits so they compliment each other and will look nice in pictures. I love seeing guys in tuxedos anyways...but a white one is really nice!

Fraid the budget will only run to one jacket not two. I would rather buy a really nice one as against two cheap ones.

But yes, I know what you mean though. I have found a place here in the UK where I can buy a white 100% tux jacket with black trousers for about £150. I have been looking on e bay so it may be I can pick up a cheap black one (I would want a brand new white one) as well.

We will see.

Archived