Has anyone posted the current Dailies for the Emerald Princess Alaska cruise???

Photo_Traveler

Hello

A large number of family members are taking the Emerald Princess to Alaska (a few weeks before we take the Solstice). A number of them are new to cruising. I sent them the Celebrity Daily link from DrKoob (Please see below). However, if someone has recently scanned the Princess daily bulletins that information would be helpful. The age range of the group is eighty through seven years old.

Here are the Celebrity dailies that "DRKoob" posted: http://koobraey.com/photos4/2017AlaskaDailies.pdf

Thanks Again!

Mike

I have them from the week of June 18th - 25th. It will probably be Wednesday before I can get them scanned, and hopefully posted. If no one else does before then, I will attempt to. :)

I have them from the week of June 18th - 25th. It will probably be Wednesday before I can get them scanned, and hopefully posted. If no one else does before then, I will attempt to. :)

Much appreciated!!! Thank you! I just did a search on the Emerald Dailies (aka: "Patter(?))". There was nothing to find. I'll watch this link....

Womdeful! Thank you fir posting. The large group I told you about will really appreciate it!

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You're very welcome. It gave me a chance to refresh my picture posting abilities (which seem to be sorely lacking...) :)

Thanks for posting these. We leave in 2 weeks and I have enjoyed looking through them. A couple of questions...

Do you recall what time boarding started? We got an email saying that boarding would start at 1 PM and that we could drop off luggage starting at 11 AM. In the past, we've always been able to drop luggage by about 10:30 and boarding started around 11:30. Your Patters do show lunch in the dining room 12 - 1:30. I'm guessing that Princess is just sending these emails to try to get people to show up later, but we really prefer to get on early and have lunch in the dining room.

Did you listen to the piano player in Crooners at all? They are just listed in your Patters as "The Scottish One." We've had really good piano bar musicians and really boring ones. Curious what to expect from this one.

Our hotel check-out was 11:00, and we were headed to the pier by that time. (I think we were about 3 miles away). We had our luggage unloaded from the hotel shuttle, walked inside, filled out the health questionnaire, and were seated in the terminal before 11:30. They started calling groups before 12:00, and we had lunch in the club class dining room.

There were two ships loading passengers at the same time (I think it was the Holland America Noordam), but it was all very organized. One group called for Princess, one group for HA, another group for Princess, another for HA. I think since there were two ships loading, they are just trying to keep the congestion to a minimim, and give the 1:00 time as a suggestion. We were fully prepared to wait when we arrived, but it all went seamlessly.

We didn't have the opportunity to visit Crooners - our excursions were fantastic but exhausting!

Hope you have a wonderful time!

Thanks for posting! I'm sailing Alaska next June out of Vancouver. Is there a specific time that your room is ready? I've only sailed on Disney and our rooms were ready by 1:30pm.

Do you recall what time the pools/hot tubs close? I didn't see any info regarding that in the bulletins you posted. Thanks!!

When we boarded, we went to our room and dropped off our carry-on luggage, then went straight to the dining room. The stewards were still working, but I don't think they will allow boarding if the rooms aren't almost ready. But I've always tried to stay out of the way, and either eat or explore the ship for an hour or so.

I'm not certain about the pools. It was pretty chilly most of the time we were on board. I do know we went to the early MUTS movie one night and there was a boy in one of the hot tubs, and the pools were open. It was much too cold for us. We had coats and gloves on, and he was in and out of hot tub. I couldn't imagine running around in swim trunks, much less wet. Kids don't seem to get cold - lol. The movie ended after 9:00, and the pools were still open. Not sure if they close them, unless weather or rocky seas mandate.

Hope you have a fantastic time!