Airfare with NCL

comfixit

Got my package from NCL for my POA sailing and I noticed that the air tickets (vouchers?) just mentioned the time of the flights and the carrier and of course the departing/arriving airports. It said something like "group reservation".

I expect the flights to be pretty full. So whats the best way for me to make sure my family sits in the right places? When do the airlines usually assign the seats for this kind of group arrangement via NCL?

Thanks for any advice you guys can supply.

I expect the flights to be pretty full. So whats the best way for me to make sure my family sits in the right places? When do the airlines usually assign the seats for this kind of group arrangement via NCL?

Thanks for any advice you guys can supply.

If you don't quickly call or go to the airlines website to select seats the airline will assign random seats and your family will be all over the plane.

Seat Assignments & Special Air Service Requests

NCL cannot confirm seat assignments. We recommend that you or your travel professional contact the airlines directly for seat assignments. Specific air service requests such as special meals or the addition of frequent flyer numbers to your airline records should be made directly to the airlines.

Good advice shoreguy.

Called the agent. Turns out that I have Delta going out and United coming back. NCL's department that handles all the air arrangements has already pre-booked the seats and had the assignments which were all right next to one another on both the inbound and outbound flights.

The fact that I had a different carrier on the return flight was a suprise to me. Any other suggestions (ie. calling 24 hours before the flight to confirm etc...) that you think is advisable?

Good advice shoreguy.

Called the agent. Turns out that I have Delta going out and United coming back. NCL's department that handles all the air arrangements has already pre-booked the seats and had the assignments which were all right next to one another on both the inbound and outbound flights.

The fact that I had a different carrier on the return flight was a suprise to me. Any other suggestions (ie. calling 24 hours before the flight to confirm etc...) that you think is advisable?

Call the airlines direct to confirm that seating. Trust me I have never had NCL assign the seats. Random acts have had 4 of us in middle seats all over the plane.

I had a flight with my wife recently where I had to take a completely different route at the last minute sitting for 4 hours in two middle seats far from each other....that was a very uncomfortable experience that I do not want to repeat, so I think I will confirm with the carrier(s) tonight.

Archived