mixology contest

oldmedic

You fill out what you are going to make and they choose 4 from all the entries.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

That makes sense. I'm not much of a drinker so I'm curious about how the winner is chosen. Who judges the concoctions? What does the winner receive as the prize?

Years ago, (I can't even remember what ship it was on), I won the contest... During the sailaway party, they asked for people who wanted to enter, to fill out an entry form and submit a "recipe", including drink name, and some stats about yourself. Later that evening, those who were selected as contestants, got a little note in their mailbox with instructions for what to do the day of the contest. The winner was chosen from 4 or 5 crew members. Everyone who entered got a "ticket" for a free drink. I got four free drink tickets and a medal. (I was bummed that it wasn't a ship on a stick. LOL!) Good luck! :D

Won twice with the same drink, on two different ships. On the Vista for the first Transatlantic...it was way different in these times/days. All about the cruise director/drinks manager and what he/she wants and how the crowd reacts....makes no difference on the drink :rolleyes:. I won't enter this again. I did get to taste the drinks made...and I got one coupon for a drink later in the cruise. Now you have to use the ingredients/mixers from a list. So not as nice as your own drink...with these items.....