Help from anyone who has sailed in cabins 9706 or 9406 on Freedom class...

Can these beds be separated to make 2 twins? All the photos I have seen have the "queen" configuration and it appears that the mattresses are "wedged" between some sort of bump-outs on both sides. Hence it would appear that they cannot be separated to form 2 twin beds. However, there is no mention of this restriction anywhere. Has anyone been in either of these cabins on any Freedom-class ship and had twin beds? (Freedom, Liberty, Independence)

Thank you!

5738900877_952d5f057c_n.jpg.dcd9b628f829393a6c15b7272905403a.jpg

I believe in that situation they remove the night stand, separate the beds and put the night stand in the space between them. Then the beds don't have to slide out so far as to block the balcony door.

I believe in that situation they remove the night stand, separate the beds and put the night stand in the space between them. Then the beds don't have to slide out so far as to block the balcony door.

Here's a better photo I found of the cabin I am referring to. See how the bed is stuck between those bump outs on the wall? The night stands are sitting in front of the bump outs and the mattresses are between the bump outs. So, to my eyes, it appears that the mattresses cannot be slid apart to make room for the nightstand in between. That is my concern! I would be booking the cabin for someone who wants twin beds only, so don't want to assume that it can be done and have them find out once onboard that it cannot! :eek: Sometimes there will be a written "disclaimer" stating that the bed is only available in the queen configuration but I did not find any mention with this cabin that the beds cannot be separated. I just can't see how they would do it though, based on the photo.

5738900877_952d5f057c_z.jpg

• 5 months later...
Here's a better photo I found of the cabin I am referring to. See how the bed is stuck between those bump outs on the wall? The night stands are sitting in front of the bump outs and the mattresses are between the bump outs. So, to my eyes, it appears that the mattresses cannot be slid apart to make room for the nightstand in between. That is my concern! I would be booking the cabin for someone who wants twin beds only, so don't want to assume that it can be done and have them find out once onboard that it cannot! :eek: Sometimes there will be a written "disclaimer" stating that the bed is only available in the queen configuration but I did not find any mention with this cabin that the beds cannot be separated. I just can't see how they would do it though, based on the photo.

I noticed this also in a video that I just watched. Bonnie, did you ever get a response to your question? I'm traveling with a friend and we want two separate beds, so this would be an issue for me.

I noticed this also in a video that I just watched. Bonnie, did you ever get a response to your question? I'm traveling with a friend and we want two separate beds, so this would be an issue for me.

No, sorry I have not received any further information about this cabin. My friend ended up not booking that cruise anyway so for them it became a moot point! Good luck! I hope you find out something favorable!