July 2nd sailing Allure - western day by day review

Ok wanted to post my review to help others as you have helped me plan this trip. Family cruised oasis 4 years ago. We took on this trip myself, dh , daughter age 14 and son age 9. I will post day to day as I can and any tips. We booked two connecting rooms on deck 9 view of Central Park.

Arrived from lax nonstop sat day before cruise booked Hyatt place. Last time we stayed in Bahia up on beAch. Hyatt was perfectly lovely but I prefer to bE near so next time back to Bahia. We had a small suite , breakfast included of course close to walk to shops restaurants. Checking in no issues since we arrived at 6am. We paid extra to get early checkin hot our room and slept til -12pm. We ate at Gilbert's first day for lunch. It was very good but just mostly a hamburger joint. We shopped went back and rested. Very tired. As we flew overnight. Dinner was at Kelly's landing very good. I had crab dh had surf and turf. Sunday checked out at 11 wanted to be at ship by 11:30. No problem took the hyatt shuttle paid the guy 20 bucks it was perfect. We did use Uber as well in fll. Got dropped they took out luggage. I only made 4 luggage tags they had a stapler stapled them on and gave me others and we wrote in the info took our bags and done! On our way . So if you don't have tags don't worry they have them ! As well as staplers for us half prepared ones!

Went to gold priority lines not bad moved fast and just like that we were on our way to park cafe.

Once on ship we walked around then headed to park cafe. At this time ship was not too crowded. Yummy salads and beef sandwich. We enjoyed and cheesecake. After that we went to tour ship. First stop kids club signed my son up he saw it and left. Then to find teens club found that and left. Then to get bracelets for kiddos for the waivers I signed on line for zip line and flowrider. My son was not tall enough for flowrider but the guy behind the desk thanked me for filling out my papers on line and quashed more did that as it saved alit of time .. it's super easy you just go your cruises and sign waivers for everyone before you leave. So all that stuff was done out of the way and no crazy lines .. then we headed to room it was about 1pm. Got there got in room and one bag arrive. Yes! After that we decided to go swim it was soo hot. So we walked around, swam etc then back to cabin for main dining room. We had my time dining. Some tips and just thoughts on this next .....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi. Not sure if I mentioned our room location. We have two connecting rooms. Deck 9 above Central Park a bit noisy. We are right above the trellis bar and every night around 12-2am it gets noisy as I think they are cleaning. I definitely would avoid deck 9. But we absolutely love the connecting rooms and would do this all the time.

We will be doing a Central Park balcony room in October on the Allure. We will be on deck 14.. While i think it will be higher up to avoid the noise in Central Park (i honestly wouldn't mind it anyways) but I have heard being on deck 14 we will hear cleaning noise and chairs being moved around from the pool deck above... Any experience with this? How do you like the rooms? We usually get an ocean view balcony but the price was right for the Central Park view and we wanted to try something new.

Good review so far... Will be checking in often

We love the rooms it's just the deck we are on. You might experience noise being just below the pool deck , teens club etc. I'm not sure tho. I love being kid ship just not right above Central park

So we headed to mtd. I didn't realize that all my time dining was in the American icon room. It's nice but it appeared the grande and silk were a lot nicer. The thing I think mho is assigned dining time I think u get better service. You have the same the staff every time you go. I felt with mtd you get different staff they don't you, what you like or what you drink etc. but it did seem to be quicker and liked being to go when I want to. But I did realize we are around 7-7:30 and our shows some were not until later. So the later assigned dining would have been fine for this and more time doing other things. Found we would have an hour in between dinner to a show which was nice too but I think I'd rather have more time before dinner.

Sorry if this is all over the place doing this quick while I have breaks.

So we enjoyed dinner but the strip steak I ordered was tough. But overall it was good and the chocolate cake was great. After that we saw ocean aria had reservations amazing!! Then we were pretty tired and called it a night. Will come back and go onto Day 2