Just back from Jade 12 day Norwegian Fjords

I was on the same cruise and loved it. Two of the kids were mine.

The only complaint I had was the very over crowded Garden Cafe. Perhaps it's the European thing to linger over coffee after eating but many, many people roamed with plates looking for a place to sit down. If I can help with questions, perhaps another perspective, don't hesitate to ask.

Janis

...If I can help with questions, perhaps another perspective, don't hesitate to ask.

Janis

Hello Janis,

Was anyone of the bartenders, servers etc. outstanding? Any tips/recommendations/suggestions for restaurants and bars? Did you take the Dailies wth you esp. these for the sea days? Also, I've seen on some photos that there aren't any Bar stools at Sugarcane bar, is this true? I've loved sitting in front of thee Barkeeper on the Star.

Thanks Oliver

There are a lot of brand new videos from the refurbished Jade on YouTube, maybe that helps as well...

Sure will have a look on YouTube as well but always happy to see an OP's pics too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello Janis,

Was anyone of the bartenders, servers etc. outstanding? Any tips/recommendations/suggestions for restaurants and bars? Did you take the Dailies wth you esp. these for the sea days? Also, I've seen on some photos that there aren't any Bar stools at Sugarcane bar, is this true? I've loved sitting in front of thee Barkeeper on the Star.

Thanks Oliver

So sorry, I never went to any of the bars. Didn't take the dailies. Guess I'm not much help after all.

Great pictures. Did you do any ships (or other provider) tours? Or were they do it yourself ports?

Thanks

We did the Polar expedition and husky dog training in Trömso. Loved it.

I expected to get off in Honningsvaag and get a bus to the Nordkapp but was disappointed. Many private tour busses, booked solid! If you're interested in that tour, either book it onboard or a private tour.

Every port very crowded with many ships in port.

We leave next week on a 12 days fjords cruise. My husband is convinced that he needs his heavy winter coat to be out on deck and for excursions. I think we need a lightweight coat and a long sleeve shirt and we will be comfortable. What are your thoughts? Do we really need to pack a heavy coat? Thanks in advance!!

Michelle

...My husband is convinced that he needs his heavy winter coat to be out on deck and for excursions...

It's up to you (and your husband, of course) you should await temperatures mostly around the mid 60 daytime and lower 50 in the evening and morning hours. This week (Wednesday) they've had around 72 degrees in Bergen, but that's a heat wave [emoji6]

Hope that helps...

Oliver