Allure - Adventure Ocean for 5 year old

I will be traveling with my 5-year-old daughter on Allure on July 30th. I am curious what other parents thought of the Adventure Ocean Club for their kids. Was it somewhere you felt safe leaving your kids? Did your children enjoy the activities during the day? I can't see leaving her there in the evening, but might need a "reprieve" from so much mommy/daughter time. Hoping the kids club might be something she really likes! I'm just not sure she will let me leave her there unless the counselors working are very enthusiastic and really interact with the kids.

Your child will have a blast!! 5 is the best age! The counselors are highly trained, and make it fun. No worries! Do go on the 1st evening, so that the next day, she doesn't feel "new"....the 1st night is sort of "orientation".

They are awesome!! DD (6) went quite a few times on our recent Allure cruise & always begged to stay longer. She was in the 6-8 group and loved it. We've cruised with her before & this was by far her favorite kid's program. The counselors are professionals and there are always at least 2 counselors with the group. I was 100% comfortable with her safety there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My daughter surprisingly liked it quite a bit. That surprises me because she did not care for kids club much on any of the other cruises (including Disney). She was in the 6-8 group, which concerned me because she fairly recently turned 6 and while I would not say she is immature for her age, she prefers being around younger kids than older kids. She liked the toys and stuff more in the 3-5 room than the 6-8 room, but she ended up having a good time anyway.

Having many cruises with a child (from 14 months to 6), the best advice I can give you is not to plan around it. If she likes it, wonderful and if not, well that is the way kids that age can be- right.

As far as whether its safe- absolutely. I am picky with who I leave my child with. I have had two non-family baby sitters, both of which are family friends and personally known. And I never once was concerned leaving her in kids club- not on any ship.

Thank you so much for your insight! It is all very reassuring. I too do not really leave my daughter with anyone but very close family or my son/his girlfriend (they are 18...yes, we are nuts! One headed to college, one headed to kindergarten!!!). So it's nice to know you all felt comfortable with the people working with the kids. My daughter turns 6 in October so I am interested to see if she'll like being in the 3-5 room or not. She is all about "being a big girl now". LOL

Thanks again!!!

Thank you so much for your insight! It is all very reassuring. I too do not really leave my daughter with anyone but very close family or my son/his girlfriend (they are 18...yes, we are nuts! One headed to college, one headed to kindergarten!!!). So it's nice to know you all felt comfortable with the people working with the kids. My daughter turns 6 in October so I am interested to see if she'll like being in the 3-5 room or not. She is all about "being a big girl now". LOL

Thanks again!!!

My 4 year old had a lot of fun with Adventure Ocean on Independence and even more on Harmony. The Oasis class addition of the science lab, arts studio and theatre have been really nice. We all blew up a volcano last night at a family event.

My 7 year old goes more reluctantly but has so far had fun every time.

The staff has been good to great as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums