Are all Galveston Hotels at Beach In A Concentrated Area

b8tzm

Are all Galveston Hotels at Beach In A Concentrated Area? When Priceline or Hotwire are talking about 3-4 star hotels on the beach are they all close to each other? I dont want to be on a beach miles away from other beach hotel/motels in Galveston.

Are all Galveston Hotels at Beach In A Concentrated Area? When Priceline or Hotwire are talking about 3-4 star hotels on the beach are they all close to each other? I dont want to be on a beach miles away from other beach hotel/motels in Galveston.

Have you looked at one of the major online travel sites that offers to map out where all the hotels are that they quote you prices on? That should give you an idea of where they are. I have only been to Galveston once. I stayed at the Galvez and that is considered to be one of the nicer beachfront hotels and might fall in the 3-4 star category. One entire side of the island is beach, so to say the hotels are all clustered? I wouldn't say they are. Oh, and if my memory serves me correctly, there are not many hotels in Galveston that are 3 or 4 star hotels and there are loads of hotels that would probably fall in the 1-2 star categories.

Take a look at this site: http://www.galvestonfunmap.com/ and see if it helps you any.

There are several beaches clustered across the seawall from the beach. Hilton and Holiday Inn to name a few. Don't know much more, never been there... but we had to do some research to find our group hotel for next year... and wanted to stay near the beach :D

There are hotels, motels, and bed-n-breakys scattered out all over the Island. The Island is only a couple of miles wide from beach to bayside, so nothing is REAL far from the port.

The fartherest accomodations are within 20 minutes of the port...and that's if you take a b&b on the far West End. Most accomodations are only a couple of minutes from the port, depending on traffic, of course.

http://www.galveston.com/webcams/

This site should help.

Top end: Moody Gardens Hotel, San Luis, Tremont, Galvez, Harbor House (for location), Hilton.

Next: Holiday Inns, La Quintas, etc.

Also for a large family, the Victorian Condos and others like that are a good value.

Most of the nicer properties are along the Seawall with some beach beyond that. The Seawall protects the island from most storms like the one that killed 6 to 8 thousand in 1900. Tremont and Harbor House are in the historic Strand area near the terminals.

Archived