Dream balcony noise/privacy??

Rickgina

Hi all, Sailing on the Dream in 2 months and just noticed by watching videos that our 7th floor balcony will overlook the promenade deck (deck 5). Anyone have any thoughts on noise and/or privacy with these rooms? Wondering about hot tub use and people walking around all night as well as the deck being lit at night? Any experiences good or bad would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wouldn't do a deck 6 balcony due to that design, but a deck 7 balcony is high enough it shouldn't be a concern regarding privacy. Can't really comment on your other concerns but we've done deck 8 twice on the Dream and we could still hear loud folks in the hot tubs.

I would avoid any balcony cabin on deck 6 on the Dream class ships. I've been in an aft-extended on deck 7 of the Magic. There's not a lot going on there and it was extremely quiet.

The majority of activity on deck 5 is roughly in the area between mid-ship and aft elevators. Even there I wouldn't worry about noise on deck 7.

Happy sailing.

We had a cabin on Deck 6 overlooking this area and it was not a problem really, but I disliked it. There is something so much better about just looking down to the ocean instead of a walkway. Some of the people in our group though were directly over the hot tub on deck five and they were very unhappy as the hot tub was a party late into the night often.

We were on deck 8 on the Magic and our room was directly over a deck 5 hot tub. I found it awkward when out on my balcony looking down and seeing the folks in the hot tub and they would look up at me.

It wasn't a problem at night as the deck 5 lanai hot tubs close at 9pm. We would watch the crew drain and close it down. At the time I thought they should not close the hot tubs so early, but after reading here I guess it's a good thing so people trying to sleep are not bothered.

While I still loved that cruise on the Magic, I like the conquest class ship better (Liberty and Valor are the 2 I have been on) because it is soooo much nicer looking down from a balcony and seeing only water and not the deck 5 walk way.

I would only sail now on a dream class ship with a cove balcony for this reason alone.

Does anyone know if the Vista is like the Dream class ships? I don't want to book on there if they have the deck 5 walkway.

A couple of years ago, we had a balcony cabin on Deck 8 which was right above a hot tub & where they served the sea day BBQ lunch. Privacy wasn't an issue, only noise. I would think the same would apply to Deck 7. We could hear most of what was going on in the hot tub and, on sea days, the BBQ dining area was pretty loud at lunch time. We usually spend a good amount of time enjoying the balcony. If you don't spend much time out there during the day/early evening, it will probably be fine.

Edited by BALCONETTE

From what I can remember, there is a smoking section on Deck 5 too. I was on 9 and looking down from my balcony I could always see people smoking; although luckily I didn't notice the smell too much. But just something to keep in mind for the noise too. I can't remember - I think it was on the port side.

Thanks for the firsthand accounts. The irony is this is our first B2B with many sea days, and our routine is to go back to the room for some quiet afternoon balcony time after the pool scene gets going. Not a deal breaker by any stretch, just disappointed neither we or our TA caught this.

Besides my theory is you never know who's going to be on either side of your balcony either. They may be a lot worse than what's going to happen below.