Day in Curacao

Coolcruise02

I have been reading this port board for months before we left and I had not read anything about the pontoon bridge being gone! Anyway, it is gone, since May, for repairs and should be back early next year.

We had planned an excursion but my husband was not feeling great, so we decided to hang close to the ship. We took the free ferry across to the PUNDA side at about 8:30 and walked thru the floating market. This was great. Large fish being sold and hauled off the fishing boats. Lots of stalls full of fresh fruits and vegetables. There is a small straw market and lots of local stores with in walking distance of the ferry pier. Designer purses $20-$40 and lots of fancy shoes.

On the OTRABANDA side there is also a small straw market and a few local stores, but not as nice. (we were docked on this side)

The ferrys run every 10-15 min and the ride is about 5 min.

We got our passports stamped at the customs building. You will see this tall building on the PUNDA side right across from the ship. Also, "Customs" is in large blue letters at the top of the building.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived