Stingray City or Sandbar, private charter HELP!

Queen of the world

We are a family of 11 in the Caymans the week of xmas so it will be busy. We have 5 teenagers, 4 in their 40s and 2 in late 70s. We are trying to decide to go with red barron on a 46ft sailboat to stingray city and barrier reef, or nativeway on a regular power boat to stingray city. same price both half days. also liked black princess charters but can find nothing about them on this site. THANKS THIS SITE HAS BEEN FABULOUS HELP IN PLANNING!

HAIL THE QUEEN:D

We went on a pontoon but saw the catamaran... it as fabulous .. but the powerboat that came while we were at the sandbar was crowded and the guides weren't nearly as interactive with the passengers OR the rays as the guides on our boat or the catamaran.. I would never do this tour with anyone but the cat or the pontoon folks... we did a reroute crusie due to a hurricane and could not plan ahead but had fabulous time with Don Foster Dive who Princess uses. The catamaran was also out there with us and the folks there were lovin' it. These just seemed like so much higher quality operation.. I have no idea who was operating the powerboat but it definitely would NOT be for us when we go back.. paying $10 more was definitely worth it

We have used Nativeway for our Stingray City tour twice now; first time myself, my husband and two boys ages 10 and 16 at the time; and brother and sister-in-law. They were absolutely great!

This past month, we went back with a group of ten adults. There were about 8 additional folks also booked on this trip. The guides were super! The boat was an awesome ride. These guys know their stuff. I don't know which powerboat some folks saw, but the guides we have had both trips were absolutely attentive, knowledgable, and fun. We all had plenty of opportunities to feed, touch, and hold 'rays. There was no rush at all. We went to on Nativeway's Reef, Rays and Rum Point excursion. The weather was a little choppy for snorkeling, no fault of theirs, of course, but other than that a perfect day. First the reef to snorkel, then to Stingray City- it was great. Then we went to Rum Point Beach where we had lunch, which we ordered from a menu on the boat and it was ready when we got there for us. Nice picnic tables and a beautiful beach. The cost included lunch.

I cannot say enough good things about this trip and have already recommended it to friends, too. The cost for the whole day was $55 pp. Oh, and on the way back the guides had taken a couple of conch shells with snails and marinated the snail with sauce, peppers, etc. and served them with crackers on the way back. It also included water and punch on the boat, and squid to feed the rays.

Great day, great time, great folks!

I am still unsure about going to stingray city, NOT stinray sandbar. I have been to the sandbar and loved it. The tour guide is recommending stingray city which is different, in deep water. he says there are very few boats. My concern is that the sandbar may be better for our varying age group.

My question is stingray city(not sandbar) ok for the whole family?

Thanks to ALL!!!!

HAIL THE QUEEN

Archived