Taxi from Sapphire Beach to ship

The people in our cab wanted to return at two separate times. They wanted to return at 3 and we wanted to return at 4. So, based on reviews I had read I was pretty certain that there would be other cabs there waiting to take people back. I was glad that was the case. In fact there were 3 or 4 vans sitting there waiting in the circle drive. The cabs who had returned for specific groups were waiting in the parking lot instead. It was a good thing because I had our driver's card and I could not get my phone to work even though my work turned on international calling for me.

• 1 month later...
How much is the taxi ride to Sapphire Beach from the port?

We just got back from our cruise, and we loved Sapphire Beach. It was $30 for 3 people to get there from the port (we were on Carnival). We arranged for our taxi driver to come back and pick us up, but there were cabs there waiting to take people back to the port.

We just got back from our cruise, and we loved Sapphire Beach. It was $30 for 3 people to get there from the port (we were on Carnival). We arranged for our taxi driver to come back and pick us up, but there were cabs there waiting to take people back to the port.

Do you have the contact info of your driver? So it was $30 getting there and $30 getting back? How long did you stay?

We just followed the "to taxis" signs when we got off the ship,and once we got to the taxi area someone there asked us where we were going. They told us which taxi (an open air truck that held about 9 people) to get in, and once the taxi was full, we left. When we got to the beach, he asked us if we wanted him to come back for us, and if so, to pick a time. I believe we got to the beach around 10:30, and we had him come back for us at 2:00. It took us about 20-25 minutes to get back to the port, which gave us a little shopping time before getting back on board the ship. For 1 or 2 people the cab was $12 each, but for 3 or more it was $10 each. The price is regulated, not metered. So, yes, it was also $30 to get there, and another $30 to get back.