Side trip to Ronda

Coffeecupgal

I cannot tell you in regards to time frame if it will fit. I will tell you that I have been to Rhonda, and crossing the bridge (by foot, of course) is not anything I will ever forget. It will take your breath away. Stunning beauty, and you will be in awe with the engineering concept designed so long ago. If you can get it in......do so.

Cheers,

Andy

"Normal traffic" driving time is about an hour and a half, one way, so that isn't a quick trip back to the ship. I assume that there isn't a ship's excursion to Ronda (which would alleviate your DH's timing concerns).

We are on a Western Med cruise on the Eclipse that ports in Malaga at 7:00 and leaves at 5:00. There are currently no ship's excursions to Ronda for our cruise, although there are several to Grenada/Alhambra which is even further away than Ronda! I assume this is b/c most pax opt for Alhambra. We did Alhambra when we were staying overnight in Malaga a few years ago. It was a long day and It doesn't seem to really fit our time in port (which will probably be around 8 hours considering the usual delays in departing the ship and the established deadline for pax to return).

We were thinking of visiting Ronda, but definitely wouldn't DIY that far away (I'm the nervous one, my DH would probably go for it otherwise). I looked at other tour companies. Viatour lists an 8 hour "tour of Ronda with wine tasting", but says it is not currently available. https://www.viator.com/tours/Malaga/Malaga-Shore-Excursion-Private-Ronda-Day-Trip-including-Bullring-and-Wine-Tasting/d956-2140PRTAGPRONDA. Would love to know what others have to say and what you decide to do.

I can't imagine that one of the local tour companies wouldn't be able to put together a tour in a private van to take you (and a group from your cruise critic roll call who are interested) to Ronda. We have driven it and it's a very easy drive. Ronda is stunning and definitely worth a visit. You have plenty of time to see and walk across the bridge, tour the bull fighting ring and museum which are fascinating even if you're not a fan, and have lunch.

Enjoy your cruise.

Yes, we did a tour with Spain Day Tours (Top Day Tours) on our spring TA on Reflection. We did Malaga to Ronda on a shared tour of no more than 18 people. It was really well done. These people are real professionals. Here is the contact information. They set it up as a request for 69 euros pp for an all day tour. Contact Emilia

Emilia Geronimo

Spain Day Tours

Top-Day-Tours Group

www.SpainDayTours.com

Tel: +34 917 896 684

Fax:+34 933 728 413

Email: info@SpainDayTours.com

Registered Tour Operator #: GC002094

Registered Tax ID #: B65440869

American Society of Travel Agents Member #: 900203555

Cruise Line International Association Member #: 00425541

Yes, we did a tour with Spain Day Tours (Top Day Tours) on our spring TA on Reflection. We did Malaga to Ronda on a shared tour of no more than 18 people. It was really well done. These people are real professionals. Here is the contact information. They set it up as a request for 69 euros pp for an all day tour. Contact Emilia

Emilia Geronimo

Spain Day Tours

Top-Day-Tours Group

www.SpainDayTours.com

Tel: +34 917 896 684

Fax:+34 933 728 413

Email: info@SpainDayTours.com

Registered Tour Operator #: GC002094

Registered Tax ID #: B65440869

American Society of Travel Agents Member #: 900203555

Cruise Line International Association Member #: 00425541

Interestingly, there isn't a standard Malaga to Ronda listed.

Interestingly, there isn't a standard Malaga to Ronda listed.

No, we wanted to go so we asked them to do one. They had done that tour before.

They would have to get at least 10 people to go from their roll call. It was easily done and we had a lovely day.

Edited by Ma Bell

No, we wanted to go so we asked them to do one. They had done that tour before.

They would have to get at least 10 people to go from their roll call. It was easily done and we had a lovely day.

Good to know. Thanks :)