Polident - Buy One, One Flies Free Question

kcparrotheads

Has anyone tried this special from Polident - Buy one airfare and get one free? I'm wondering how good it is since I have no use for the stuff and would have to buy 5 boxes of it. I need airfare to Miami, but am curious if it's that great of a deal and if you have many flight time options. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Did you read the entire T & C's? You are in zone three and need to go to zone 7. Looks like the base price for one ticket is $320. That does not include taxes, security fees, etc. for BOTH tickets. I am making a guesstimate of about $40.00 taxes, fees per ticket. So your purchased ticket is now $360.00 approx. + a $9.95 processing/booking fee + $40.00 for the free ticket = $410.00. Not counting the price of Polident and mailing, etc.

May be a good deal-may not. What kind of prices are your finding on air fare? Do you need to travel during blackout periods (not allowed with coupon)? What if you need to change the ticket-this is NOT allowed, no way shape or form? Tickets are totally non-transferable, non refundable, etc. etc. Once you pay your money, you fly or loose the value.

You may have to stay over a Saturday night (which may or may not be convenient). You are booking through a third party-companionbooking.com. This is not an airline or travel agency. It is a marketing (advertising) company. You will have NO recourse if things go wrong with your tickets.

You need to see the WHOLE picture. Then make up your mind. I, personally, would NOT chance it. Too much chance of loosing your money-I doubt travel insurance would cover the "free" ticket. Would treat it like a FF ticket-no value. May not even cover the paid for ticket, since the booking is not TA or airline.

Thank you so much for your input!!! Our cruise isn't until Sept. 10th and right now airfare on Orbitz is running around $243. Sounds like by the time I spent $25.00 to buy the 5 Polident items + shipping, I would save around $45. I think I'll just hold out for an airfare special - surely by then one of the airlines will have one!!

This is cheaper than the Polident deal and you KNOW who you are dealing with.

I am seeing $205.00pp all in- Northwest-

leave Sat, Sept 9-NW1524 KC to Minneapolis

NW1902-Minneapolis to FLL- arrive about 3:00PM

Return-Sunday, Sept 17 FLL to Detroit- NW243-leaves a little after 1:00PM

NW1759-Detroit to KC-puts you home about 9:30PM, considering the distance from MCI to Blue Springs.

Not a bad price and bookable at NWA.com

Enjoy

We really want to fly to Miami instead of FLL - I know that limits us and we'll have to pay a bit more - thanks for the research, though!!!

Hi KC,

I'm curious why you want to fly into MIA over FLL? I flew into FLL for the first time for my last cruise and it was so much nicer. Now, granted, I hear it can get ridiculously overcrowded when there are a lot of ships in port at the same time, but so does MIA.

It was funny, when we got back from our NCL cruise I told my friend if I never set foot in MIA airport again in my life I'd be one happy camper. It was a disaster in every respect. It took well over an hour to get our luggage. It took well over an hour to check our luggage flying home. Big crowds. Bad signage. Rude, unhelpful employees. Dirty terminals and insufficient seating. Previous trips were no fun either. So when I told her I was going on the Majesty out of Miami the first thing she said was, "Oh, I thought you'd never set foot in MIA again!" I said, "That's right! I'm flying into FLL! :D" It was $18 to get from FLL to downtown Miami and well worth it.

Give FLL a try, you might like it.

(I have been told they have improved MIA a lot since I've been there, that may be true. It'll be a while before I give it another try though.)

We've flown into FLL several times before when we've cruised out of Port Everglades or vacationed in the Keys. We were just thinking what a hassle it would be to get to Miami from there, but it sounds like it wouldn't be!

Racephoto - who did you use to get to Miami for $18.? (and I'm assuming that's per person)

KC,

I took Tri-County airport shuttle.

http://www.floridalimo.com/

It was $18 per person from FLL to downtown Miami.

I ended up taking the cruiseline bus back after the cruise because I had one of their excursions scheduled that dropped you at the airport. (Didn't go on the excursion but that's a whole 'nother story!)

Archived