FFTF Question about online booking

Sugar Skull

Hi everyone, I was wondering if you could clear up a FTTF question I have. When I try to book it online it says $69.95/cabin. When I add it to the cart and go to purchase it, it only lists my name and if I add my friend to the order it tries to charge an additional $69.95. Is it per person, or does only one person in the cabin need to have it in order for both of us to check in? Thanks! I want to get it early so we definitely get it before they are gone!

How are you even getting the option? I've been trying several times a day for three weeks and get SOLD OUT every time....
Ya know what? Nevermind. That was a dumb question.

Not dumb at all. Thing is, on July1 I booked for May next year, and right away the FTTF for a cruise 10 months ahead was "Sold Out". (What?!? Really?) So like ultrafighter said, keep trying. You're extremely close to cruise day, but there's always a slim chance of cancellations, or people upgrading to a suite where they don't need the FTTF priority any more.

And this: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2523321 ("Latest You've Ever Scored FTTF?")

Not dumb at all. Thing is, on July1 I booked for May next year, and right away the FTTF for a cruise 10 months ahead was "Sold Out". (What?!? Really?) So like ultrafighter said, keep trying. You're extremely close to cruise day, but there's always a slim chance of cancellations, or people upgrading to a suite where they don't need the FTTF priority any more.

Wow it was sold out that far in advance? That's crazy! :eek: We booked 8 months in advance and got FTTF immediately. I guess there's a lot of platinum and diamond cruisers on your sailing. There's only so many priority slots open and the more diamond and platinum cruisers there are the less slots available for FTTF. Keep checking, a lot of people change their minds about which ship or cabin they want this far out. Good luck. :)

Wow it was sold out that far in advance? That's crazy! :eek: ...

I have my doubts that it's really "sold out". So yeah I keep checking a few times a day, waiting for a switch to be turned on or something. Or whatever. A lot can happen between now and then.

I have my doubts that it's really "sold out".
Perhaps just temporarily out of stock, with some left on the shelves in the warehouse. :) And in a way that's it. They're holding some back in case they need those benefits for Diamonds and Platinums that book later.

Perhaps just temporarily out of stock, with some left on the shelves in the warehouse. :) And in a way that's it. They're holding some back in case they need those benefits for Diamonds and Platinums that book later.

Aha! So it is (or might be) a "switch" waiting to be thrown! So to speak. :)

Thanks for the tip!

That's what I've read.

It sounds as reasonable as anything else I've thought of or heard about. Carnival doesn't know how many Platinum or Diamond pax they might get, all eligible for priority boarding, so it makes sense they'd hold back on lower-priority FTTF for some period of time.

On my latest cruise last month we had 3 cabins and could only get FTTF on one right away. One of my daughters has Aspergers and we were not sure how she would do in the crowds so we picked that one up for her cabin and hoped we could score for the others at a later date. We picked it up for the second cabin a month or so later. I kept checking and scored it for the last cabin one week before the sailing, so keep checking. You may get lucky.

I guess if they sold as many as were wanted you'd all be FTTF and therefore back in the same queue position had none of you had them. I'm not sure I like it as a concept. Creates an additional class system on board. Nice earner for the cruise line I guess!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

I guess if they sold as many as were wanted you'd all be FTTF and therefore back in the same queue position had none of you had them. I'm not sure I like it as a concept. Creates an additional class system on board.

Well in a way the more FTTF they sell the more they are taking apart the additional class system on board.

Such is life... even at sea eh? :-)
Especially at sea. It used to be even worse.

Titanic victims - Passengers

39% - the percentage of First Class passengers who perished.

58% - the percentage of Standard Class passengers who perished.

76% - the percentage of Third Class passengers who perished.

A little extra waiting doesn't seem so bad in that context. :)