Cruising virgin - what's an AFT cabin?

Nickles

Hello everyone,

I will be going on my first cruise next September on the Navigator. After reading the boards for sometime now, I keep seeing people referring to aft balconies.

What are they and why are they better than regular balconies?

AFT cabins are the ones along the very back of the ship. The reason why so many of us like them is that the balconies are much larger than the ones on the side - and for the same price. Plus you can see to both the port and starboard sides and you can see the wake.

Been on 4 cruises and 2 have been in the AFT..... It's soooooooooooo beautiful having that really large balcony, we've always been on Deck 9 and/or 10 and it was spectacular.......Couldn't imagine not having one. Will only travel when I can get the stateroom/AFT that I want.

It's soooo worth it.

Have fun!

We have 2 adjoining aft balcony cabins on Legend of the Seas in the 6th deck. They were the only 2 rooms next to each other. We were lucky to find them as we booked late for 12/31. The adjoining part was a complete bonus and the 2nd room is for the kids.

I've heard that because we arent on the top deck which is 8 or 9 on Legend, that it won't be more rocky on the aft. Is it a myth that aft cabins are bad for those prone to seasickness?

AFT cabins are the ones along the very back of the ship. The reason why so many of us like them is that the balconies are much larger than the ones on the side - and for the same price. Plus you can see to both the port and starboard sides and you can see the wake.

After 10 cruises, I should have known this information, but I was always under the impression that AFT was an acronym for Absolutely F****** Terrible. This is such an informative and useful site. Happy St Andrews Day everyone!

Alan

Archived