Sailing in St. Maarten..Suggestions

We sailed on the Mariner last month. While we were in St Maarten, I booked a tall ship for 21 of us. Since the ship will only hold 25 passengers, we pretty much had the whole trip to urselves. It was a great time and everyone loved it. I highly recommend it. Great food, open bar, good music and nice people. The owners name is Robert Ash, you can check it out at http://www.lordsheffield.com Tell him Deborah from Just Cruises in Michigan recommended him. You won't be sorry.

I have to second this recommendation... Part of our CC Roll Call group (25 of us) charted this day sail, on our recent Mariner sailing, and it was awesome... You don't need to do a "full" charter unless you wish to... As they offer pp rates...;)

Here's our "group" pic after the sail...:D

lordsheffieldgroup9lx.jpg

There is a ship called "Random Wind" that is a slightly smaller sailing vessel and would probably accomodate a party your size. They also do a pp price. Their website is www.randomwind.com. They also have a couple of smaller motor boats if you don't mind that.

Also, the most fun we've ever had in St. Maarten is hiring a company called Offshore Sunsations - www.offshoresunsations.com - to take us over to Anguilla on their cigarette boat. Nothing quite beats speeding along at over 60 MPH. It really was a blast and pretty affordable - $120 pp or so for the day. I think the max they take is 8 pax. Here's a link to a picture of us on the boat:

http://daveandalissa.servebeer.com/PhotoAlbums/StMartin2005OrientBeach/photos/photo92.html

Archived