Cruise tour information

aloanldy

I'm currently on an Alaskan precruise cruisrtour with Celebrity and I thought I'd share so info for anyone going on a cruisetour.

1. You'll get offered to have your luggage held Til you board the ship so you don't have to lug all your suitcases. So pack a bag for land and a bag for cruise ahead of time if you want. It made it much easier for me.

2. They will offer you excursions when you get to your first hotel. So if you didn't book excursions a head of time you'll have opportunity. So don't stress.

3. They're at the baggage claim area with a sign waiting for you when you land. Your tour guide is with you everyday to answer any questions you may have.

Have questions? Ask away

I'm currently on an Alaskan precruise cruisrtour with Celebrity and I thought I'd share so info for anyone going on a cruisetour.

1. You'll get offered to have your luggage held Til you board the ship so you don't have to lug all your suitcases. So pack a bag for land and a bag for cruise ahead of time if you want. It made it much easier for me.

2. They will offer you excursions when you get to your first hotel. So if you didn't book excursions a head of time you'll have opportunity. So don't stress.

3. They're at the baggage claim area with a sign waiting for you when you land. Your tour guide is with you everyday to answer any questions you may have.

Have questions? Ask away

We are doing the post tour in August. Did they offer you excursions ahead of time as we haven't seen any. Did you do the Denali one or a different one?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As you meet your tour director they will offer you same kind of excursions people are booking a head of time. We did the kentishna experience instead of other tour into Denali. Whatever you pick dothe earliest time when animals are closest to you

Have questions? Ask away

Hi! We're on 8B with Celebrity in August. If you do get your bag each night, do they deliver it or do you have to haul it?

Each cruise line may be different, but it was my understanding that luggage on the land portion of cruise tours is actually rather strictly limited: one checked bag per person, and one carry-on that has to fit in the bus/train overhead area. Anything else gets sent to (or from) the ship.

Sorry for the delay in responding, just got back and part of the trip I had no internet.

Buses start picking up at 5:30 am, I believe. We had a bluebird bus it was full but we never felt crowded.

They offer to hold your luggage if you want, you can take all your luggage if you want too. They do the hauling, for me it was easy enough to give them the bags I knew I wouldn't be using. But if you choose to keep your bags, they will be delivered to your room each day, and you put them out each morning. They give you times.

Don't over pack. I read the blogs, and the what to packs and I still over packed. On land, I was mostly in jeans, and layers. On the ship, it was more casual than formal, so what I packed for the ship, was the part that I over packed.

It's way more beautiful than the pictures. It's definitely something you move up on your "bucket list".

I did the Deadliest Catch excursion in Ketchikan, and I loved it, thought it was very informative. the Captain actually stopped the boat to allow people to see the whales. They also brought us to a place where there were several bald eagles and they fed the eagles so dozens of them came out and were flying and perched on branches.

The Mendenhall Glacier by helicopter was awesome, it's like 25 degrees with a "feels like temp of -2, so if you do that one, dress accordingly, it's windy up there. but it was so beautiful and walking around was very cool.

Since I did my land portion first, I meant my tour director the 1st morning since my flight was so late, but i would imagine that when you got on board the ship would have some kind of excursion list for you, so that you could pre-arrange your time, if you didn't do something on your own.

Charlie