Carnival Glory 11/11/17 Suggestions Please

Sue Goodreds

Does anyone have suggestions for St. Thomas and San Juan ports? What to do? What not to do? I usually prefer doing something other than the ship's excursions but not totally opposed to one if it's well worth it. I'm familiar with Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk. Thank you!

Also, frustrated because Faster to the Fun is sold out. :( I've never cruised with Carnival WITHOUT Faster to the Fun.

I believe in San Juan there is still a free hop-on/hop-off trolley that roams a circuit around the old town. It goes by El Morro and San Cristobal. If it were me, I'd use that trolley and check out the forts. Afterward, the old town is interesting to just walk, if you're able. You can easily spend a whole day checking it out and spend nothing on excursions. The admission to the forts is VERY reasonable, as it's part of the US National Park system. There are tons of places to shop and grab a bite or a drink.

I watched St Thomas become a tourist Trap :(. Still a beautiful place just every thing there has a price tag more expensive than other ports.

San Juan there are excursions by the dozen as you exit the ship. Pick one that you may like . Me , I just walk the streets and find myself a nice local restaurant to enjoy. Perhaps later visit the straw market . Plenty of street vendors ,some offering knock off purses for the ladies ..

Edited by BoDidly