New Funside Bargain Prices

DanFromSyd

Hey everyone,

I got the new funside news in the mail today.

They are offering last minute specials on

Pacific Sun

Jan 8th (this is my cruise by the way!!)

at $1495 quad and $1695 Twin.

Ok i have a question can I get these prices applied to my cruise?

Im not really a tight arse but if i can save another $800- $1000 then thats more drinking money!

So any advice on getting these super specials?

Also other interesting points:

James Ibrahim will be the cruise director on Sun from Dec 27th

Thanks

Dan

Hey everyone,

I got the new funside news in the mail today.

They are offering last minute specials on

Pacific Sun

Jan 8th (this is my cruise by the way!!)

at $1495 quad and $1695 Twin.

Ok i have a question can I get these prices applied to my cruise?

Im not really a tight arse but if i can save another $800- $1000 then thats more drinking money!

So any advice on getting these super specials?

Also other interesting points:

James Ibrahim will be the cruise director on Sun from Dec 27th

Thanks

Dan

if you have already paid your full fare i doubt they would let you change. otherwise why not give it a try!:D

yeah i was thinking of calling them and offering a deal. they reduce the cabin cost to the advertised specials and put the difference on my cruise card and ill donate it back to them at the bar!

Dan

You are so cunning!!!:D But hey I like you're way of thinking. This funside thing, is it for past passengers?:)

Karen

Dan, they won't let you change your booking, even if you hadn't paid the full amount. Love your way of thinking about the bar though.

What you might be able to do is, if your orginal fare is more that the $200 non refundable deposit, make a new booking and then cancel the old one. Don't know how you will go with the kids spot though. Whether they would allocate it straight back to you. Can't think how to explain what I mean. Umm assuming the kids spots are full then nephew would be waitlisted. Don't know if they would give you your original spot back or not.

Stupid P&O.

They are so unfriendly sometimes!!!

Ok heres the deal despite the fact that i only got the brochure yesterday all allocated cabins at those special prices are sold out.

(sounds like bull sh.t to me)

There are kids spots but it doesnt really matter.

oh well cant blame a guy for trying..

Dan

P & O have become very TIGHT. We had the same thing we booked our cruise 18 months ago in the first week when the new brochure came out.

2 months after that they offered past passenger discounts but because we had already put deposit down it didn't apply to us. The only way we could have got the discount was same as everyone has said we had to forfeit the deposit and rebook again. In our case I wasn't going to lose $800 and maybe the 2 spots for our children. We just had to grin and pay top dollar . they said all the cabins on the decks we wanted were booked out - 1 week after the brochure came out - I dont think so. We ended up having to pay virtually double what we wld have got other times in the year. - all because of N Year and the fact it is school holidays.

Yeah I always ask but it seems that lately the response from P&O is "these are already discounted fares and past passenger does not apply"

I say its a crock. They didnt even find my offer of donating it back to them at the bar ammusing...

Dan

We booked one of the 40% off fares on Pacific Star - and were told that past passenger discounts didn't apply to these fares.

Yeah I always ask but it seems that lately the response from P&O is "these are already discounted fares and past passenger does not apply"

I say its a crock. They didnt even find my offer of donating it back to them at the bar ammusing...

Dan

Hi there Dan

Another way to do it is to try via a travel agent. I recently booked direct with P & O under the 20% off fares then when the new brochure came out booked under a travel agent at 35% off and she was able to get P & O to transfer my deposit - I also upgraded for cheaper than the quoted 35% off fair just by asking the travel agent!!

Cheers Rach

PS Looks like the Pacific Star is on its way!!

When we cruised on Sky last year we noticed the price declined well under what we paid as the cruise got closer. The flipside however was that as an early booker we got upgraded from Caribe Deck to Aloha Desck when we checked in. We came across quite a few pax who had been upgraded and all of them were early bookers.

When we cruised on Sky last year we noticed the price declined well under what we paid as the cruise got closer. The flipside however was that as an early booker we got upgraded from Caribe Deck to Aloha Desck when we checked in. We came across quite a few pax who had been upgraded and all of them were early bookers.

I hope that means we might get a good upgrade. We nooked 13 months ago and still don't go for another 4 months. We were real early bookers.

Karen

Archived