Has anyone done SPB Tours "Out Like A Local" evening extension tour in St Petersburg?

I did this tour a few weeks ago and I enjoyed it. Its a nice way to spend a little more time in the city. We had a really great, fun guide for the night. Part of the tour is a canal boat ride, here are a few pictures:

a>

I did this tour a few weeks ago and I enjoyed it. Its a nice way to spend a little more time in the city. We had a really great, fun guide for the night. Part of the tour is a canal boat ride, here are a few pictures:

a>

It sounds a lot like the one we will be doing with TJ called Venice of the North - did yours include shopping & a vodka tasting in addition to the boat ride? Was the boat ride different than the one that they do as part of the day tour?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ok. A few questions:

1. Did you return to the ship from your day trip (assuming you did a day trip), if so did you grab a bite to eat on the ship, or did you stay in town and start the tour from there? (I know I'm going to need some food in my system if Im going to be sampling vodka!)

2. Did you see any of the major sites lit up at night before returning to the ship? Photo op?

3. In your opinion, was it worth the cost?

Thx!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We got to the cruise terminal at 630 from the day tour and the night tour started at 7. We knew we wouldn't have time to get back on the ship so we packed a few snacks in our bag.

At 7 we drove back into the city and along the drive the guide passed out cups and we were able to try three different kinds of vodka.

Once back in the city we walked around the main boulevard for a little and we did stop in a food hall for a few minutes. A couple people on the tour did buy some things.

After that we drove a short way to an area that had some local bars. At the bar we were able to purchase a few drinks I tried a couple types of vodka. We were at the bar for maybe 30-40 minutes.

After that we did the canal boat ride. The guide brought the three bottles of vodka we had tried earlier and we were able to drink more of them.

We got back to the terminal about 1130. The next day we had to meet our guide at 745 for the second day tour. We also did a canal boat ride during the day tour which was similar but I enjoyed both.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did this last Saturday night, July 22. Fantastic option. We were on the 2 day Russian Treasures with Hermitage tour. They dropped us off at a Restaurant around 5:30 pm. That seems to be the meeting point. There were people from 2 others shoos on the tour.

We met at 7. The evening started with 3 small shots of Vodka in the van. If you don't drink, don't worry. 2 stops along Nevsky Prospekt.

Do watch out for pickpockets. Not just on this tour, but all crowded places. Never felt unsafe, just be watchful.

After, our guide took us to a trendy hipster area where we could buy our own beverages. Beer or coffee.

Then we did a canal river tour. If you wanted, you could drink more vodka. This was about an hour long cruise.

Great photo opportunities on the canal trip. Because it was the rehearsal for the Russian Naval celebrations, there were many Navy ships in the river.

We're not big drinkers, so if that's a concern, don't worry about needing to drink a lot. It was well worth it as an extra trip.

We returned to the ship around 11:30 pm, then were up and out by 7:45 for an 8:30 start for day 2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your photos are beautiful, history75! They made my cry......not only because of their beauty, but because I get to do this cruise on the Breakaway next year. :hearteyes: Thank you for sharing!

This evening tour looks totally worth it. (Although I'm used to 7 hours of sleep and it takes me awhile to get ready in the AM.) Oh well, suck it up and enjoy a once in a lifetime opportunity, right? :cool:

we just did this with the same experiences everyone else had. it was so much fun! Even though the boat ride on day 2 was pretty similar, seeing it at night was beautiful

There were people on ours ranging from late 20's to 70's. Two women only did it for the boat ride. They stayed on the bus while we checked out the shops and the little local bar

We thought it was very worth it. At the beginning of the boat ride, the 18 or 19 of us were in our own groups, after much vodka and the end of the boat ride, everyone was talking, laughing and having a great time!