Northwest changes times frequently

mared1

FYI: If you are flying Northwest be sure to sign up to have changes emailed to you. So far we have had 4 changes in our flights!

Then make sure your seat assignments are still intact. NW has a way of losing them on on changes. AND if you do not have a seat assignment at all - call and get one. You do not want to show up at the airport without seats even if you have a ticket.

You may not get on the plane, any airline only guarantees to get you to your destination, if your are on a cruise this may not be a good thing!

Ah, yes, I feel your pain! AND even though I have signed up for email alerts from Northwest, I haven't always been notified when there are changes. I've made it a habit to check my reservation every couple days. My 2 hour layovers in MSP to and from Tampa have now stretched into 3-1/2 hours...yay...

:rolleyes:

Well, I'm feeling better about our NW flights to LAX since we changed from Delta. I never was notified by Delta of any of the many changes. So far, NW has moved our outbound flight by 5 minutes, and we got notified. And our seats stayed as assigned.

Yep, they are great for this. We are going to Hawaii with our family over the holidays and they changed a connection without even telling us. I just happened to look up our reservation. We are going from here to Minneapolis to LAX to Hawaii. They changed our LAX to Hawaii flight and it now leaves BEFORE we land in LAX from Minneapolis! Thankfully this happened a month ago and I caught it. The customer service gal was awesome and worked it out. Now we leave two hours earlier from here and go to Minneapolis and DIRECT to Hawaii for no additional charge. We were lucky tho, we got the last few seats on the plane and she got us all sitting together.

CHECK YOUR RESERVATIONS OFTEN!

All airlines change flight times based on new seasonal schedules. They'll also change flight numbers when they switch out different equipment or change the routing. It is always worth checking periodically -- every month or so leading up to the last month, and then every week or thereabouts. That way, if you end up with a connection that doesn't work you have time to get it fixed while there are still other flights and seats available. The more connecting flights an airline has, the greater the likelyhood of changes, because one small change ends up having quite a ripple effect. The least likely flights to change are the carrier's major prestige routes -- if you're taking the Chicago to Honolulu non-stop or the New York to Paris flight, you'll probably not see much change.

Cheers,

Barb

Archived