Oceania Regatta-Jan.3/06

howandhal

Everyone seems to have found cruising on Oceania ships to have been a great experience. My partner and I are embarking on a 10 day cruise to the Caribbean from Miami on the Regatta.I'm sure it would enhance our vaacation if we met other gay couples or singles who will be joining us on this cruise. I hope to hear from someone out there.

• 2 months later...

Hi Ed and Jim: My partner and I had a very enjoyable cruise on the Regatta from Jan. 3-13. My previous cruise experience had been with Sun Princess last winter which we also enjoyed, but this cruise was superior in virtually every category. The food was excellent, beautifully prepared and presented. The portions were moderate in size. so one could easily order several courses at each meal. The cabins were well appointed, and the housekeeping service was excellent. The entertainment was low key, which was fine as far as we were concerned.There were no formal nights, which I found a definite plus. The beautiful library, though relatively small, had some interesting book selections.

There were no FOD meetings, but it was fairly obvious who the gay couples were,(they were few in number), and we did chat with them. We encountered absolutely no homophobia, and met some interesting straight people.

If you want further information, let me know.

Enjoy your cruise,

Howard

My partner and I had a very enjoyable cruise on the Regatta from Jan. 3-13. My previous cruise experience had been with Sun Princess last winter which we also enjoyed, but this cruise was superior in virtually every category.

Glad to hear both of you enjoyed your time aboard Regatta. She is truly the most beautiful cruise ship afloat today, in my opinion. I actually think she is more gorgeous than even the QM2, etc.

On Oceania, you typically have to request an FOD. The line rarely holds them otherwise. My guess is that this is due to the ship being so small in the first place that you tend to meet almost everyone within a few days.

My partner and I did a 10-night transatlantic aboard Regatta with only 320 passengers. The line was nice enough to host an FOD party, and we had a HUGE turnout. 30+ people I think....pretty nice out of only 300 or so passengers. And, even with that large number, we still had met two or three other couples who didn't know of or chose not to attend the gathering.

The Cruise Director aboard Regatta (Shani) was WONDERFUL. By far the best CD we've ever had. She came by and chatted with us at least once every day.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gary,

Most important is that there were heteros and gay people breaking bread together openly and integrally on that voyage as it should be.

3 heteres aka sisters of Dorothy attended the FOD party.

30 out of 320 in attendance is a large turnout.

David

Archived