Train Perth City to Fremantle Train Staion

reedy8

Hello

Just recently (within the last week or two) a poster asked about catching the train from Perth to Fremantle and the walking distance from there to the Cruise Terminal. I have searched for the post today in the Australian & New Zealand and Princess and RC pages as they are ones I mostly look at, and tried searching under Fremantle which unfortunately shows posts out of date order and can't find it. There is a bridge over the railway line that separates the train station from the Cruise Terminal. The poster has asked could you carry suitcases over or should he just catch a taxi from Perth. The last responder said it would be too hard to take suitcases up the stairs. Today, I thought to myself, I think it isn't stairs, I'm sure its a ramps, I haven't been to Freo for months so I 'google earthed' it and if you look at the directions in 3D from the train station to the Terminal it is indeed a ramp over the railway line not stairs. Its about 800 metres. So, if the original poster is still there, I hope this info is helpful